Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Grouping Units  (Read 440 times)

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
Grouping Units
« on: 29 May 2004, 12:18:35 »
Hi,

I have a MP Mission where, well, all i want to know really is is there a way to ungroup units from a group ???

I cant find a suitale command in the COMREF for this, and i cant use F2 when playing a mission to ungroup them.

The group is created with F2 and not using the joinGroup command. (joinUnit or something)

Rhys
Reviewed Missions Board: Please Read the User's Guide before posting!

Pride and Joy 1 (HW100-T)

Offline Zombie

• Members
  • Beware the night, the zombie walks among you
    • USI
Re:Grouping Units
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2004, 13:00:47 »
your best bet is to de-pbo the mission then and ungroup them that way.  I have done this for a few mp missions made by others.  In case you don't know how:
in the editor select group
click and hold on 1 unit, drag the blue line off of him and drop it somewhere there is no other unit, continue until all are ungrouped, no blue lines connecting.  Be careful not to delete any snchronizations though

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #2 on: 29 May 2004, 15:32:03 »
It is in the comref, though hard to find.

[loon1] join grpNull
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 29 May 2004, 23:04:10 »
Zombie: I dont quite understand ur response sorry. maybe i was unclear in my explanation of my problem. I want the units to be ungrouped from a unit when the mission is being played. Thus i cant dePBO the mission beoz im playing it :)

Macguba: Thank you.  ;)

Shall let u know of outcome :)

Rhys
Reviewed Missions Board: Please Read the User's Guide before posting!

Pride and Joy 1 (HW100-T)

Offline Zombie

• Members
  • Beware the night, the zombie walks among you
    • USI
« Reply #4 on: 30 May 2004, 12:22:16 »
oh, ok.  Wel then I don't think it is possible to ungroup while playing, because to even use the joingroup command you have to be in the editor to execute the script.  I have never figured out how to call or write a script unless it was built in to the mission.  Scripts, triggers and even waypoints can be used to asign/unassign groupings.  The backspace while in mission can be used to assign units to different "teams" within the group, maybe that will suit your purpose?