Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Northern Ireland Conflict  (Read 982 times)

caterpillar_d9

Northern Ireland Conflict
« on: 12 Apr 2004, 17:09:31 »
Map of Ireland or Northern Ireland, with place names and accurate terrain

Textures for

British Soldiers, Irish Republican Army and their weapons and vehicles

Dubieman

Re:Northern Ireland Conflict
« Reply #1 on: 12 Apr 2004, 20:13:21 »
Hmm is this like a finnish defense force mod?

I would like that idea. I watched a movie on this irish(i think) guy who led his ppl to independence over the british and was a fairly decent movie but set in about  1915 when britian had tanks on metal wagon wheels with mg guns on the tops and it might have been powered by steam...

What time period is this in?

JohnJoeJim

« Reply #2 on: 13 Apr 2004, 12:50:20 »
^^Movie was Micheal Collins.
I don't think they would be any point in setting the campign/missions on the present, as everything has calmed down and there's nothing to fight about. Best time period to be set in would be 1916 or 1960's.  Be pretty cool if ya could fight Easter Rising in Dublin in 1916  ;D

"Tíocfaidh an Lá"

Chudley

« Reply #3 on: 13 Apr 2004, 21:27:22 »
Tiochfaidh ar La

C'mon the hoops! ;D

caterpillar_d9

« Reply #4 on: 17 Apr 2004, 13:48:00 »
I agree, 1916 Dublin would be great. But if you ask me I think the best time would be the 60s/70s. At this time the 'movement' is just getting good.

I am no scripter or modder but the hardest part of the mod might be the terrain and place names.

As alot of the textures and skins are available,
I saw somewhere, textures for British infantry and some Infantry support vehicles. The IRA could be civilian textures with the appropriate weapons, such as Ak47s, Thompsons, Armalites, RPGs, Galils, and, nearer to the 80s : Barrett Light 50s!!!  ;D

We'd also need a ton of script for timed devices, car bombs, mortars etc.

Coldfire

« Reply #5 on: 17 Apr 2004, 19:26:51 »
There was a car bomb script ahwile back... im not sure where u could find it now (the link where i got it  is dead).

Oskar

« Reply #6 on: 21 Apr 2004, 14:51:58 »
Car bombs is probably the easiest thing to script.

1shottokill

« Reply #7 on: 06 May 2004, 16:25:53 »
You'd have to make a hell of a lot of missions for that. you could include the udf, the ruc, the british army, the i.r.a, the loyalists and youd have to make a baseball bat addon for rioting people and a punch script. But you can't include things like the omagh bombing. that's still fresh in people's minds  :'( :'(

Dubieman

« Reply #8 on: 07 May 2004, 01:21:58 »
Car bombs are simple, satchels or scripted satchels for timebombs, mortars are already made add ons. A good rioting add on is Gimbals Tossers, it has civvies who throw rocks, vodka bottles, and TVs. The punching thing is already done. Make a captive in editor and in init field put
this addweapon "ThrowFist", not sure on syntax and you have to add a magazine to it too. Punching however is not very effective against guys with guns. There's a whip with butt of weapon too, but I'm not sure about what the name is. Lotz of this stuff is done already, you guys just need a map and correctly made units. Mission makers will appear. :)

1shottokill

« Reply #9 on: 07 May 2004, 08:16:07 »
You could use it with the UKForces mod they've got a bayonet script in the making