Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: AI script  (Read 1016 times)

DDT

AI script
« on: 20 Apr 2004, 23:27:18 »
Is there a script that is easy to use that gives the AI a little more action.  I hate using waypoints but i want the AI to move all over this predetermined area on my map.  A movement to contact if you will.  Or is there a way to make them take up defensive positions upon my arrival.  I just want some new things to use in my missions.  It can be anything you can think of.  Any help will be appreciated.  And thanks in advance.

DDT

Re:AI script
« Reply #1 on: 20 Apr 2004, 23:36:13 »
Also,  is there a way that i can send my guys into a town and CLEAR the town by doing a search of some sort.  Once it is clear even if they have to fight to clear it I want them to patrol the town until i tell them other wise.  Just random walking around the town of some sort.

Grendel

« Reply #2 on: 20 Apr 2004, 23:59:50 »
Well, you could use a bunch of game logics and a function to call random elements from an array to do this...

How realistic you want their actions to appear would depend on how much tweaking you're willing to do.  You could set up gl's specifically for the assault/search/clear portion, and setpos them inside buildings and such, and them make those a separate array from the patrol gl's placed around town at intersections and such.  Then use a script to have them search the town by using domove, the random element function, and an aggressive setcombatbehaviour setting, removing previously visited gl's from the array. Then once the town is "clear", setcombatbehaviour "safe", and have them randomly patrol the town using the domove, but not removing elements, so they just keep on patroling

Hope this helps

-Grendel

DDT

« Reply #3 on: 21 Apr 2004, 00:16:43 »
That is freaking awesome.  Grendel you are quickly becoming my hero.  I really suck at scripting and all that stuff can you tell me how to do it.  Or give me an example.  I am not worried about clearing buildings, but town should be clear.  I also have another question.  I just had an idea that i wanted to see if anybody has tried before.  I send my AI ahead of my command group and say they come across some infantry they cant handle so they call up some other squads from my command.  Then a little further down the road they find some BMP's.  Call up some Bradley's or tanks to destroy the threat and then the tanks go back to where they came from.  I would like the AI to assess the threat level and call up the needed backup.  Not asking for much.  ;)

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #4 on: 21 Apr 2004, 00:24:33 »
I would like the AI to assess the threat level and call up the needed backup.

I think someone has written something like this already........think it was toadlife.

Check the Editors Depot.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

DDT

« Reply #5 on: 21 Apr 2004, 21:59:08 »
I have looked through the depot and found a couple of things but not the one that toadlife made.  I like the ones that i found but am wanting to try toadlifes.  Does anybody know what it is called or am i just looking over it.

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #6 on: 23 Apr 2004, 05:19:39 »
Does anybody know what it is called or am i just looking over it.

Grouplink script, by Toadlife. However, Keycat modified and improved Toadlife's script, which should be in the same part of the depot. It is called "Grouplink II" by Keycat.

Also, a very simple way to have a group continously run around a certain area (such as patrolling a town) is to give them a SEARCH & DESTROY waypoint, with a radius covering about half the town, and then give them a CYCLE waypoint after that, next to it. Simple but limited. To get them to do something else after that, you will need a SWITCH trigger; check the ed depot for a switch trigger tut by Armstrong.
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

NoMaD

« Reply #7 on: 24 Apr 2004, 23:39:21 »
Greets all.
I am using an AI script in a couple missions i got going. I downloaded... Improved AI script v1.1, By Bremmer... from the OFPEC site (cant remember exactly where sory) , it comes with several example missions and seems to work well. This is an insert from the Readme file in the pack..
Quote...
"This pack contains a script for improving the AI of computer controlled groups, allowing them to call for appropriate support
(air, armoured, artillery or infantry), and make some tactical decisions (advancing, retreating, flanking using flares etc).
All these options can be fully specified by the mission maker relatively simply by the way the script is executed.
The script also works as a sound engine.. The script is not side specific and will work for east, west or resistance, and will adapt itself accordingly.
If you have any comments or questions please feel free to e-mail me at ian@289gwr.fsnet.co.uk or IM at the OFPEC forums (www.ofpec.com)."

Endquote...
Hope that helps.
NoMaD

DDT

« Reply #8 on: 26 Apr 2004, 22:49:33 »
I like all the scripts that have been brought to my attention.  But Grendel has the idea that I am looking for.  I just want to be able to send MY guys off to a town or certain location to clear it and to occupy it.  I am not sure if you can do this with these scripts.  If i am wrong please let me know how to do this.

NoMaD

« Reply #9 on: 27 Apr 2004, 01:01:44 »
Greets.
if you want to simulate a sustained attack, thats ordered using the, Improved AI script v1.1, By Bremmer...you could do this.
Send in your attacking units to the target area, giving then a jumpoint.
Set seek and destroy patrol lines for the area you want a particular squad/group to advance to, set the groupnames then set up the support structure you  require...(as per the scripts requirements)... That way certain units take certain objectives but if they run into resistance they call in support etc.
hope that helps.