Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Realism Script - More Wounds, Less Death!  (Read 18150 times)

Offline Pathy

• Former Staff
  • I'm not a F***in llama!
    • Volcbat.
Re:Realism Script - More Wounds, Less Death!
« Reply #45 on: 02 May 2004, 08:22:50 »
What kind of procedures are included? Blow up pants for pressure, ace bandages, curlex, clamping arteries, needles, IVs, morphine, and etc....

And should all these options be avaiviable, a new menu should be made. I don't want to going down the action menu between reload M16 and reload needle...

::)

And some ppl shouldn't take any of this crap personally, its a forum for talk on a realism script to make medics and injuries more lifelike. I know some ppl want to come and smooth over disputes but let moderators or themselves solve it. Lets stick to the topic and let the ppl fight it out. Don't you like to watch? :tomato:

No i want to talk about our wounding system.  ::)

Definately a new menu

-Medic has ability to heal wounds, through a custom medic menu. Selection of the wrong treatment will not be good for the
Ron_McAsskick, the scripter, has alot of experience of custom menu's from making Vietnam CTI maps. So we will end up with a nice fancy custom menu, maybe in the design of a medpack or something. Either way, having 20-30 options in the existing menu is something we are definately not going to do  ::)

The procedures will be the correct one for each wound, applying pressure dressings, inserting one of those lung valves, holding thier hand until they die  ;D ect, i cant really tell you all of them, because im no expert, but we have Huey from PUKF advising us, he is an ex-British Army medic.....

As soon as i know more i will tell you  ::) luckily the script isnt too hard to add things to, so we can update as we learn more.

Dubieman

« Reply #46 on: 03 May 2004, 03:54:04 »
Alright a new menu thats good.
I should have knew you guys had an expert.

Medic Menu:
IV bag
Bandage
Pressure
Super healing medicine!
Marujana

Just kidding

Sounds great! :thumbsup:

Offline Pathy

• Former Staff
    • Volcbat.
« Reply #47 on: 03 May 2004, 10:00:57 »
Dont forget tampax and condoms......

....apparently huey carried some round in his medbag because tampax is great for bleeding wounds, and condoms seal wounds  ;D

some people might get the wrong idea if we were to put an "attach condom" option in though....

Dubieman

« Reply #48 on: 03 May 2004, 20:08:21 »
The alternative to holding the guys hand while he dies...  :-X

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #49 on: 03 May 2004, 20:27:17 »
Hold hand? I would've refused that. If I knew I were dying I would say I rather took a quick, clean bullet to the head than maybe 10 mins of suffering.

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Offline Pathy

• Former Staff
    • Volcbat.
« Reply #50 on: 03 May 2004, 20:38:13 »
Thats better than the way Roachkiller was implying  ;D ;)

There are some wounds we wont have medical treatments for, obviously. The only thing you can do if a guy takes a hit in the throat IS hold his hand (or whack a condom on if your Roach  ;D ) until he dies, dose him up with morphine or something.

Dubieman

« Reply #51 on: 03 May 2004, 21:18:40 »
Hey armstrong isn't that euthanasia(helping with suicide)?
I'd prefer the bullet, compared to my earlier comment aahem ahem.
 :hmm:
Wouldn't want to end up like that guy in Saving Private Ryan. He and anoter American were in the house and thought a german was behind the wall, they shoot up wall and the Geramn burst in through the door and putting a quick bullet in the guys throat. He rolls around while the German and American fight with the knife. Not my favorite scene me being American and all... :'( ::)

Since you'd be squirming and all that why would you want someone holding your hand? I'm writhing in pain stupid medic pump me up with morphine! :help:

Offline Pathy

• Former Staff
    • Volcbat.
« Reply #52 on: 04 May 2004, 11:31:43 »
That scene was the inspiration for the animation (and sounds) that go with that wound type  ;)

BTW, we will need "voice actors", ie, people good at screaming ect...... ;D

Dubieman

« Reply #53 on: 05 May 2004, 03:56:17 »
I'm sure my friends parents wouldn't want me to be screaming at the top of my lungs as if I was dying in their house, what would the neighbors think? :D

I don't know how to upload voices and stuff yet so I'm not going to try. ::)

OT: I jus wanted to jump into the scene and pop that German before the american got the knife into the chest, ouch.... :P

On topic: Are you going to mess with hide bodies or anything? When a black op with your script, it sounds like the guards I ice are going to do a hell a lotta of screaming and bleeding. Are silenced weapons or enemy awareness going to be factored into how the wounds are done/ acted?

And is their blood going to be spurting onto my screen and sliding off, like it really gets on your face and drips off? (You'd know what I mean if you play Metal Gear solid 2 Sons o liberty, kill a bug up close and bug insides slide down your face, seagull craps on your face it slides down, or blood from enemy guards.) It'd add to the medics realism, nothing like getting all bloodied up! :o
« Last Edit: 05 May 2004, 04:00:41 by GuiltyRoachKilla »

Offline Pathy

• Former Staff
    • Volcbat.
« Reply #54 on: 05 May 2004, 11:29:54 »
Yes it will mess with the guards you ice, more incentive for you to make a clean kill! (headshot!) I mean, if you shoot a guard in the leg he is probably gonna scream his ass off, thats why your gonna need to take him down silently......

Blood drops on your screen is possible, having them sliding off.....i dont think is possible......

A correction on that would be welcome  ::)

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #55 on: 05 May 2004, 15:22:42 »
BTW, how are you going to solve the thing where you've been hit? As far as I know, OFP don't have a hitbox for throat...

Offline Pathy

• Former Staff
    • Volcbat.
« Reply #56 on: 06 May 2004, 10:06:53 »
Combination of random chance and damage done. If you have a small amount of damage done to the head, for example, its going to be high probability that you have got just scratched by shrapnel or something......

Throat shot will be relatively rare.......

Unfortunately its very very hard to actually locate where a shot hits using anything else. what we realistically can do is detect whether the shot is on the left or right of the unit, this would help us get some better balance to it......

We are investigating making our own named selections for damage, but......that gets back into "editing the unit" territory........ ::)
« Last Edit: 06 May 2004, 10:09:46 by Pathy »

Dubieman

« Reply #57 on: 07 May 2004, 23:43:08 »
 A head shot is still a head shot. :gunman: The guy will go down clean and easy and you'll have the satifaction of seeing his "third eye". The throat shot is an added bonus. After exchanging fire for twenty minutes, it felt good to through the grenade and watch the shrapenel hit his throat and see him go down squirming. You think poor bastard, well that east not present trigger is complete now whoopee! :)

What should happen if a guy gets one in the groin or feet is he automatically goingto drop? I know I've shot dudes in the foot and they don't go down and I've hit'um down low and nothing... >:(
I'd be on the ground in a sec! ;D

Offline Pathy

• Former Staff
    • Volcbat.
« Reply #58 on: 08 May 2004, 18:28:30 »
Hit him in the leg, he goes down clutching at it, screaming for the medic, if its a flesh wound he will make alot of noise, if its the femoral artery he will make some noise but bleed to death within minutes....... ;D

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #59 on: 08 May 2004, 23:14:35 »
I was thinking about what you said about the medic stuff, taking the right treatment for the right wound. What about a sequel to this script and make a MASH mod out of it? Could be fun, especially if you have the breast spreader tool. ;D .