Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Stationary Guns  (Read 1352 times)

Dubieman

Stationary Guns
« on: 21 Feb 2004, 00:36:45 »
I was thinking about another stationary kind of gun tht isn't a piece of artillery. It would resemble a Browning 50 caliber, but okay here is the idea.

You take the PK and M60 machine guns and put them on their bipods and make it like the MG west or MG east guns. You have to get in the gun and it can't be moved or maybe not. You could drop all your weapons and carry the big gun around with the bipod out but I think it would be better stationary. You could also make a gun that is using the bipod and is placed on top of a sandbag wall and the gunner knels behind it.
It wouldn't be as exposed as a browning nor would it have such a slow firing rate.

Whadda ya think? ;)

StonedSoldier

Re:Stationary Guns
« Reply #1 on: 21 Feb 2004, 00:57:05 »
theres already some stationary M60 and PK guns, probably at www.ofp.info

in addition to tht idea i was thinking it would b cool if you (being an infantry soldier) could go up to a chopper or any other vehicle equipped with a machine gun and take it kinda like what Rambo does with the Huey on Rambo 2.

Dubieman

« Reply #2 on: 22 Feb 2004, 06:50:40 »
Take it? What do ya mean, like take the whole browwning out of a UH60MG and blast ppl with it?

I would like that weapon actually.

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #3 on: 25 Feb 2004, 16:23:24 »
The FDF mod has a few weapons which can be picked up and moved to different locations, check it out at their site,

http://koti.mbnet.fi/~fdfmod/
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Dubieman

« Reply #4 on: 27 Feb 2004, 21:48:40 »
I don't like those Pks and M60s on those tall posts! :(
The little bipod that flips out from the barrel of both guns would be the support. The sandbag mg gun would resemble the german machine guns that had three dudes working it on medal of honor frontline.

m21man

« Reply #5 on: 27 Feb 2004, 22:25:25 »
I don't like those Pks and M60s on those tall posts!
Get FDF ::) .

Also, FDF has a lot of deployable/carryable weapons. It includes everything from PKs to AT missiles (And there is the 20mm automatic rifle ;D ).

Dubieman

« Reply #6 on: 28 Feb 2004, 18:13:50 »
Dude I'm a 56ker I cant download FDF easily!  :o

Be easier if it was a solitary add on, like 500kb or something. I'm no add on maker so I guess I'll wait. :'(

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #7 on: 01 Mar 2004, 03:35:24 »
Hmm. I see. What you need to do then is buy a blank CD and go to some mates house (one with broadband) or a school or work or an internet cafe. Download it from there and get CSLA mod and every big addon pack and addon you can fit onto the disk. It would be well worth the trouble believe me.
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Offline MMFF

• Members
  • Mission Maker From Finland
« Reply #8 on: 10 Jul 2004, 20:08:41 »
GuiltyRoachKilla! I have 45.2k internet connection and itÂ's coming fine. You just need a download manager such as Getright.
Do I need to play Operation Flashpoint to be here?