Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: decrease tank accuracy  (Read 728 times)

julius heide

decrease tank accuracy
« on: 11 Mar 2004, 00:52:04 »
I want to reduce the IA gunner tank accuracy, Â'cause they never miss a shot. IÂ'm plannin to make an Ost Front Panzer campaign, but i need to decrease their super gunnery skills (they hit a target at near 1000m!) to create a more exciting battle feeling with tank shells exploding nearby (without being hit every shot). Any script to do that? Thanks for your time, fellas!

Offline myke13021

• Contributing Member
  • Myke
Re:decrease tank accuracy
« Reply #1 on: 11 Mar 2004, 02:13:34 »
did you tried to decrease the skill level of the tank or/and it's crew?

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #2 on: 14 Mar 2004, 14:26:04 »
You could have some triggers which setpos shells.
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #3 on: 14 Mar 2004, 16:38:28 »
You could have some triggers which setpos shells.
After a real tank has shot one??? Be my guest and try...  ;)
(with triggers I mean..)

You could try putting this in the Tanks init field (please note that this is not tested so might not wok at all...):
(gunner this) setSkill 0

Or maybe I just misunderstood everything...  :P
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
Search or search or search before you ask.

Grendel

« Reply #5 on: 23 Mar 2004, 05:29:35 »
Heres a technique I use to decrease AI 'accuracy' on certain units.  Use invisible Armored targets (you can find them in BAS's Tonali/OPFOR addon or by themselves on the BWM MOD's site{If I remember correctly[which I usually do  ;)]}) .  You can use a simple script to cause a few of them to randomly 'hover' around the target vehicle in 3 dimensions, so there is a good chance that the AI will target one of the invisible targets, giving the appearance of a near miss.

It actually works rather well, and there is even a chance that you can 'unintentionally' be hit if the invisible target ends up between you and the AI.  I found that 3 per vehicle in a random 50 meter hemisphere works pretty well.  Best of all, you dont need special high dispersion addons or extremely complex math.

-Grendel
ps I hope that link on the reply above mine did'nt already bring this solution up....