Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Screech and sparks  (Read 1992 times)

Dubieman

Screech and sparks
« on: 20 Mar 2004, 00:48:20 »
Hows abouts a new feature when shooting something metal or something on a vehicle. The bullet doesn't make a brown puff but a few sparks and nice loud PING or SCREECH! Makes no sense to shoot a piece of metal or armor and have brown puffs appear, of course this is based on many movies with gunfights but I would like the realism. ;)

I'd like the shoot out to be pfffff,zing, ping, screech, boom, popopopop, haha your one dead bastard ohh yes you are!:gunman:

thanks for replying... :o :)

Homefry31464

Re:Screech and sparks
« Reply #1 on: 20 Mar 2004, 00:53:04 »
I'm not sure, but I think the bullet-hit is universal, but I'm not really sure.

Dubieman

« Reply #2 on: 20 Mar 2004, 01:03:28 »
Although I think someone talked about bullets in a previous post "Realistic Bullet Hits" or something, still I wonder if it could be done.:hmm:

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #3 on: 20 Mar 2004, 15:39:35 »
Would be complicated.
You could maybe script a short range tracer round to fire from the point where you bulet hits. But as I say only maybe and very complicated.
I think so anyway.
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

OrangeLeader

« Reply #4 on: 20 Mar 2004, 15:43:48 »
I'm pretty sure it is universal. And one hasr part about changing it is in OFP most surfaces concidered equal. For instance shooting an M-16 at a house wall and shooting it at the groung are considered the same. You would have to set values for all objects. I think it can and might already have been for some addon.

Vyper

« Reply #5 on: 21 Mar 2004, 12:54:52 »
when a bullet hits a body you get a red spray and a different sound....maybe theres something in there that could be used?

Vyper

bigdog632

« Reply #6 on: 22 Mar 2004, 09:42:42 »
do bullets actually spark, has anyone seen them,im curious because i didnt know lead could spark.

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #7 on: 22 Mar 2004, 16:34:22 »
JAM has new sound effects for bullet richochet etc... as for sparks.... maybe not
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Dubieman

« Reply #8 on: 22 Mar 2004, 21:09:09 »
none of you have ever watched a Rambo movie or any movie with gun fights (Die hard I,II,III.....) Bullets give little sparks off when they hit metal.
The sounds are fine, when you shoot a tank with a rifle it makes a ping or doink sound. I want a little spark where the bullet richocets off the armor.

Homefry31464

« Reply #9 on: 23 Mar 2004, 01:21:12 »
They don't use real bullets AFAIK, its just Hollywood.  

m21man

« Reply #10 on: 23 Mar 2004, 01:46:22 »
none of you have ever watched a Rambo movie or any movie with gun fights (Die hard I,II,III.....)
That's Hollywood. Basing effects off a Hollywood movie is about as smart as having Michael Jackson babysit your kids.

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
« Reply #11 on: 23 Mar 2004, 01:59:27 »
 :hmm:
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"

Dubieman

« Reply #12 on: 23 Mar 2004, 02:10:39 »
THank god I'm not a father.....  yet maybe in a couple of years....

Well what am I supposed to base it on? I don't live in a war torn country. So actually if you have a weapon of your own please test it or you have first hand expierince tell me. :o

m21man

« Reply #13 on: 23 Mar 2004, 02:12:43 »
I usually put bullets into wood, not metal. But I used to shoot at these little metal squares that hung off a post, and they never sparked :hmm: .

Dubieman

« Reply #14 on: 23 Mar 2004, 02:17:13 »
Little metal squares or reactive armor on a tank or the skin of a heli, or sign posts?

Hey some ppl talkin like a chat room ohh boy.