Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Pilot Fight  (Read 1155 times)

Dubieman

Pilot Fight
« on: 20 Mar 2004, 00:37:53 »
Ok your task is to remove some beleagured NATO troops from some place thats part of the front line. You get them and start to go home when your ambushed by a AA dude or SU25 or something and have to crash or eject. Your copilot or gunner on your team and you have to fight your way to safety with the help of the other squad you picked up or find transport for the critically injured guys who can't get around. You get some of the other squad members cause you used to be an infantry commander and their officer is a rookie. So some guys protect the crashsite and the injured while you must find transport to get home.

How about that? :)
« Last Edit: 20 Mar 2004, 00:39:24 by GuiltyRoachKilla »

Homefry31464

Re:Pilot Fight
« Reply #1 on: 20 Mar 2004, 00:49:04 »
Yeah, AFAIK no one has really done this to a good quality.  So you'd be defending your crashed plane??  If I were the pilot, I'd be getting out of there...  Would there be something different about your plane?

OrangeLeader

« Reply #2 on: 20 Mar 2004, 01:48:28 »
Let's say that the plane is a transport like a C-130 filled with combat soldiers. The pilot uses great skill to land the plane in one piece, but it was a little rough. Some got injured. Two options defend the crash site and wait for evac or look for transport to make it to a safe zone. Also maybe a combination. You must find transport to get injured to evac point. I think these ideas will make the mission interesting and logical. Tell me what you think.

Matthew

« Reply #3 on: 21 Mar 2004, 12:31:18 »
Let's say that the plane is a transport like a C-130 filled with combat soldiers.
Not a plane - RoachKilla said that the player extracts the troops from the front line, and there'd be no established landing strips that could fit in a Herc near there (unless of course, the front line happens to comprise an airfield), and besides, helicopters are the more versatile solution to troop infil/exfil.

Doesn't sound bad - it's the kind of mission I'd make if my skills weren't so rusty.

Dubieman

« Reply #4 on: 21 Mar 2004, 20:46:05 »
Alright here's the idea refined.

Your piloting your chopper(Uh60 or CH47 or something) and you EVAC some battered troops from the front lines.
Like a minute after you pick them and start flying an airburst from some AA gun or soldier hits you and everyone ejects or I use a crashing script or something of the like. The chopper is down and out of the 12 picked up troops say 6 or 7 are critacal and you take control of the remaining healthy troops as their officcer is out too and your a Captian. So Base says no EVACs cause there is too much AA or the Russians are advancing and everyuone else is trying to hold them back so your on your own.
You must find a truck or APC (may decrease actual squad members to fit all in truck/APC) and get the rest of the critiacals in the transport and make it back to a friendly town or base.
Some of the critiacals or ones who can't walk kinda defend the crashsite from some Russians who go to check out the wreckage.

If your too slow getting transport a small group of tanks/APCs and infantry totally overun and kill everyone at the crashsite leaving you on your own.

Detailed enough.... :D :)

I like the plane idea but it would take up a lot of room for landing and i want it to be kinda exact so the objecctives are spaced right.
Thanks for the input. ;D