Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Exploding Man  (Read 594 times)

Offline MeltedAd

• Members
  • Damn it all to the bowls of bloody hell
Exploding Man
« on: 16 Mar 2004, 11:53:13 »
This is just an idea that came to me the other night, the exploding man add-on. After watching a few tanks destroyed with ECP and the great effects, I got wondering if a similar thing could be done with a man.

Could a man be made whom when he explodes his corpse is deleted and replaced by body parts, which are scattered by the blast, giving the effect of being blown apart.

I have no knowledge in making add-ons and a very limited knowledge of scripting. Could this work?

I imagine a new unit would be required, like a soldier with no legs, but bloody stumps and body parts.
These would replace the unit during the explosion and hopefully be scattered by the blast.

This is just a thought; I have no idea if it is possible, but would be cool in cut scenes and would add some more atmosphere to an already great game.

Please feel free to destroy this idea, abuse me and call me stupid forever considering such a folly.

RifleMania

Re:Exploding Man
« Reply #1 on: 16 Mar 2004, 19:39:59 »
There is a discussion somewhere already by GuiltyRoachKiller, blow his head off really, thats it. :)

OrangeLeader

Re:Exploding Man
« Reply #2 on: 16 Mar 2004, 21:52:52 »
The blowing away of body parts is a different idea. This concept would not be that complicated to make, but I don't think it is really needed. If I understand right you want to make a suicide bomber. Depending on the explosive yelds of the bomb most parts of the body that are left would be very small fragments spread out over a good sized area. You could get the same effect by having a person walk up to his target, activate his bomb, and at the same delete his body. The only problem I see is deleting his body before he goes flying into the air as a result of the blast. I think that can be done easily.