Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: A shau Valley beta here  (Read 13570 times)

PRiME

Re:A shau Valley beta here
« Reply #45 on: 15 May 2004, 08:23:00 »
Yep tho make sure its included in the island as I won't be using this tonal island crap nor forcing everyone to download it for a couple of small trees :)

So once they say its ok be sure to try and make this a stand alone island, it may be ok if it used sebnam2 as its the only real vietnam pack out atm, but that tonal island had major lag problems so most the people I know will not use it.

PS. Plus it uses up system resources even when not in use. Im sure your aware of the resource issues with OFP and addons, :)

Offline cj525

• Members
« Reply #46 on: 16 May 2004, 02:03:53 »
I haven't heard back from them as yet. But another option is that I could replace their text/obj with sebilo's for the low res island (beta1.1)which would run fast for your server. I've already got the nod from the seb group to use their stuff. The main BAS veg is the elephant grass, which is very good, I'll just have to see what BAS's reply will be.

Offline Wadmann

• OFPEC Patron
  • I'm the next evolutionary step after a llama!
« Reply #47 on: 16 May 2004, 18:09:59 »
Hey cj525!

I never got a reply as to my issue:

I had some problems with the island.  On loading, I got this error message:

Error loading bas_o\_grass\_bas_grasslonggreen.p3d (Magic)

I also CTD when exiting from this map but do not if I load a different map first.  

Any ideas what may be causing this?

Secondly, have you looked into the 3WX (Third World Explosion) crew? They are creating a public library for objects. Here is the topic at the official forum and here is their forum. Perhaps you could get some replacement objects from them and eliminate the need for other islands. Keep up the great work and really looking forward to the next release!

Wadmann
Check out my Camouflage Collection! New items added 31 July 2005.

Offline sim

• Members
  • Hot! Real hot! Damn Hot!
« Reply #48 on: 16 May 2004, 19:03:37 »
I second all of what PRiME says.  :)

sim
The Unsung Campaign Team Leader

Offline cj525

• Members
« Reply #49 on: 16 May 2004, 20:31:23 »
Thanks wadmann for the feed back. If you look at previous postings I think Killswitch's feed back will solve this prob (I'm reworking the tag system and cpp at this moment).

Re: just adding the BAS veg in an ashau obj file. I'm still waiting for permission. I'll let you know when/if I get it.

I'll check out 3WX thanks

:cheers:

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #50 on: 18 May 2004, 17:37:53 »
I never got a reply as to my issue:Any ideas what may be causing this?
It's something to do with the video that is at the beggining (The intro video)
It's defined in the CPP, and doesn't exisit.. So I guess it's that (it will be fine till you go to the main menu... And if you change the island, it will be fine because it will play that islands intro vid :))
- Ben

Offline cj525

• Members
« Reply #51 on: 19 May 2004, 17:21:18 »
Thanks for the info DBR ONIX. Looks like I'm going to have to thank alot of people for their assistance in getting this island to it's final release. I'm away from my comp this week but I should be able  to hammer away at the final details next week. There will still be the h end/low end islands  available once the final island is released.

:joystick:

Offline sim

• Members
  • Hot! Real hot! Damn Hot!
« Reply #52 on: 23 May 2004, 15:03:27 »
hey  

can't wait for the final version m8, this island is one of the best vietnam islands for OFP,
keep up the good work  ;D

sim
The Unsung Campaign Team Leader

Offline Nixer6

• Members
« Reply #53 on: 18 Jun 2004, 01:11:40 »
Hey cj 525 :)

You stuck or what. I gotta a few days with nothin to do so I'll help if I can.

PM me
Why do I have to be a Rocket Scientist to make a good mission?

vlada

« Reply #54 on: 18 Jun 2004, 01:16:54 »
There will still be the h end/low end islands  available once the final island is released.

It is great message, I'm looking forward  for next release of your great (nice) !!! island.

fighter

:)
« Last Edit: 18 Jun 2004, 01:17:24 by vlada »

Offline Sgt Mix

• Members
  • "I love the smell of napalm in the morning."
    • Sgt Mix's Base Camp
« Reply #55 on: 02 Jul 2004, 23:14:12 »
Missing seb_ilo\sebles_su_ctver_pruhozi.p3d

I am getting this error message when a shau loads and then I CTD when I quit out.  I have downloaded what appears to be the latest of each set.  Even tried downloads from different sites.  Can any one help?

I do not have the pbo's in diff directories, ie, seb_ilo\.  DO I need to?

-----------------------------------------

I did see the following:

"There wont be a problem with the forest with the same names. This is because the paths are diferent one is from the sebnam pbo and one is from the sebilo pbo. Thanks for pointing this out though."

I unstuffed all addons again and followed the readme.  Still no luck.  I hate to think I am missing something cool on this already killer map.  

« Last Edit: 02 Jul 2004, 23:44:14 by Sgt Mix »
Sgt Mix
------------------------------------------------------------
"I was one of the lucky ones...  My Dad came home!
 God Bless the families of those that didn't!"  -  Sgt Mix

Offline cj525

• Members
« Reply #56 on: 03 Jul 2004, 01:05:16 »
Hey Mix Thanks for trying out the beta,  RE your problems.

the CTD problem is from the configg.cpp file where it has no reference for a cutscene therefore it crashes the game, this has been fixed. A way around this is to load a different island eg. ABEL then exit this will keep the game running and will take you back to the main menu.

With regards to the seb/ilo missing forest section. again this is due to the config.cpp not having the addons properly mapped out. THe problem isn't occuring on my machine or on any of the rest of the team. ALL my addons (PBO's ) are in the addons folder not the res addons folder and my game is installed to the programme files/codemasters/ operation flashpoint Blah Blah Blah. A more experienced modder pointed my config.cpp problems out and they have been fixed.

The only thing your missing is the double canopy forest sections which are located in the mountainous areas. Basically it takes the island back to the low res island.

THe island is now finished just waiting on one last permission  to arrive and then I can release it. All the lame transition textures have been corrected, All the bridges are in as well as the footbridges (replacing the sand bars).  I've reduced the file size of the island due to smarter use of the vegetation. Thus making the island less laggy when you have large amounts of units trying to kick each others ass.

Just a note use the namsky mod out there it really gives the island a kick.

Offline Sgt Mix

• Members
  • "I love the smell of napalm in the morning."
    • Sgt Mix's Base Camp
« Reply #57 on: 03 Jul 2004, 02:35:08 »
Awesome!  Thanks for the news.  I look forward to the release.

Namsky... I will have to look that one up.  Been away from FP for a while.  The Nam file brought me back.  8)
Sgt Mix
------------------------------------------------------------
"I was one of the lucky ones...  My Dad came home!
 God Bless the families of those that didn't!"  -  Sgt Mix

foodstamp

« Reply #58 on: 09 Jul 2004, 20:50:29 »
Floating trees

Hill 214

Offline cj525

• Members
« Reply #59 on: 10 Jul 2004, 17:00:11 »
Hey Footstamp

Thanks for taking the time to check the island for floating trees, I discovered the problem I was incountering and fixed it all. The forest sections have been fixed, there will be the occasional floating section but nothing to dramatic on the very steep sections but that cann't be helped.