Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: problems  (Read 594 times)

Offline Conflict109

• Members
  • no worries
problems
« on: 10 Mar 2004, 05:42:31 »
ok well you guys will all love me im sure(sarcasm)

these are stupid im sure,and probably because of my terrible pc performance.

1. "deletevehicle this"  command doesnt work- the player still shows up in the game...any ideas why?

2. how do i have triggers set off in a timely manner, meaning one goes for a certain amount of time, then the next executes, my scripting skills are pretty crappy, so any help, and dumbing down is greatly appreciated.

annnnnnnnnnd..........
3.  is there any way to make a chopper fly by and strafe the ground with cannon fire without targeting one particular unit?

thanks in advance

C109
Hey!! Bring back my pants you friggin elves!

Offline myke13021

• Contributing Member
  • Myke
Re:problems
« Reply #1 on: 10 Mar 2004, 05:46:09 »
1. deletevehicle doesn't work on player controlled units, only on AI controlled.

2. if you clarify what you want the trigger to do, i could help...usually you could use the timeout option in the trigger itself.

3. I have no clue...look in the ED depot if there's a script for this you could addapt.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #2 on: 10 Mar 2004, 10:37:28 »
2.   We need more information.

3.   Yes.    There was a good thread about this (on this board) a few weeks ago:  use the forum search function.   It probably involved the use of the invisible target addon.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline Conflict109

• Members
  • no worries
« Reply #3 on: 11 Mar 2004, 01:25:03 »
thanks.....

for number 2-

I'm making a cutscene...sooo i need to have one action happen, wait a certain amount of time, then another trigger to go... the basic run of this is...

In the first scene there is a group of soldiers firing at civs, then when all or some of the civs die, the next frame comes up in another part of the map with a civ with an aa launcher shooting down a chopper, which i also want to start from the chopper's view, then switch to the civ while he fires the rocket...get what i mean?

thanks again

C109
Hey!! Bring back my pants you friggin elves!

Offline myke13021

• Contributing Member
  • Myke
« Reply #4 on: 11 Mar 2004, 02:01:56 »
uhm... i see...sounds like a well complicated cutscene....you better forget triggers for this and script these things. You have better control of what happens when and what the camera shows.

Look in the ED depot, there are several excellent camera scripting tutorials. Look for the tuts of snYpyr and Messiah.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #5 on: 11 Mar 2004, 10:02:52 »
myke13021 is right - it's much easier to use a simple script to make a cutscene than to use triggers.  The result is much better too.    You must read both snYpir's and messiah's tutes, in that order.

If you are new to scripting read snYpir's Friendly Intro to Code Snippets and Johan Gusafsson's Scripting Guide.    All in the Editors Depot.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play