Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Sierra Leone - great source!!  (Read 1847 times)

mikeb

Sierra Leone - great source!!
« on: 29 Feb 2004, 22:19:38 »
For those people living in the UK - the Sunday Times today had a great article running through the events surrounding the Sierra Leone rescue of sept 2000.

It's a very good article with a lot of detail and pictures stroyboarding the operation.  todays covered the west-seide gang taking the prisoners and the article is continued next week.

I highly recommend getting hold of this as it could give you a good background source for designing a good mission based on those events.

Have fun one and all!

UK_SKA_RULES

Re:Sierra Leone - great source!!
« Reply #1 on: 02 Mar 2004, 05:12:59 »
You should try and scan this.

mikeb

« Reply #2 on: 02 Mar 2004, 14:10:29 »
what do you mean? scan it then put it where - copyright issues are a-plenty as well!!.  not sure if you can find the article on the times website...

UK_SKA_RULES

« Reply #3 on: 02 Mar 2004, 19:33:32 »
what do you mean? scan it then put it where - copyright issues are a-plenty as well!!.  not sure if you can find the article on the times website...

Scan it and send it to me maybe?  I'm interested in seeing it.
« Last Edit: 02 Mar 2004, 19:34:46 by UK_SKA_RULES »

mikeb

« Reply #4 on: 02 Mar 2004, 19:36:54 »
ok, will do tomorrow - if i remember....

Homefry31464

« Reply #5 on: 03 Mar 2004, 19:53:58 »
You won't have to worry about copyright stuff I don't think, as your using it as an information source.  Just don't take credit for it and you'll be fine.

mikeb

« Reply #6 on: 03 Mar 2004, 21:16:26 »
OK, can't find the article but found it online (minus the pictures) on the link below.

You can access this for free until sunday when you'll have to be a timesonline subscriber to access it.

the next segment comes out next sunday.  Otherwise all of it is in a new book that came out on monday called Operation Certain Death by Damien Lewis (pub. Century) apparently.  so there we go!!!

anyway, here's the link for the first segment:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/_nipd/eSearchPop.php?SRCH_CRIT=sierra+leone&SECTION=ALL&PUB=TIMES

just select the article on this link called "hostage"

UK_SKA_RULES

« Reply #7 on: 03 Mar 2004, 23:33:33 »
Thats a pretty handy link.  I'm currently making a mission based on that rescue.  I'll haveto buy Sundays copy.

mikeb

« Reply #8 on: 07 Mar 2004, 13:23:02 »
Check out this week's sunday times for the concluding part to this - the actual attack itself.  Better to actually get the paper than go to the website as it also has a image-based flowchart with timings of the assault, etc.
« Last Edit: 07 Mar 2004, 13:23:11 by mikeb »

UK_SKA_RULES

« Reply #9 on: 08 Mar 2004, 21:08:57 »
Bollocks, I forgot all about this :(

mikeb

« Reply #10 on: 08 Mar 2004, 22:45:43 »
well you can always pick up the book!

you should be able to pick up the second part at the timesonline website if you use the same search link i gave above.  Minus the pictures of course which is unfortunate as they gave some timings of the attack - but you still get most of the same info.