Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Blow his head off really  (Read 1000 times)

Dubieman

Blow his head off really
« on: 27 Feb 2004, 21:57:38 »
Anyone know about new death animations or are they standard for OFP two?

I'd like to see:

guys heads come off when hit by heavy weapons

limbs can get sheared or shot off

bodies ripped apart

generally more gore

I've watched and read BHD and have played games like soldier of fortune where guns don't just give you big bloody rashes and played many games with gore.

Generaly get rid of the rashes! :o :)

m21man

Re:Blow his head off really
« Reply #1 on: 27 Feb 2004, 22:14:48 »
I would hardly call SOF2's damage system very realistic ::) . Besides, OFP is a war simulator, not a standard issue shoot-'em-up. Enemies should be quickly neutralized and then forgotten, not blown into tiny pieces. Imagine what kind of a performance hit would be caused by the GHOUL damage system, where every soldier is a massive collection of small pieces that can be blown off at will. If you want that kind of violence (And I like SOF2 too ;D ), then go play SOF2. 1500 meter viewdistances do not mix well with graphics designed for games with 100 meter viewdistances.

Dubieman

« Reply #2 on: 28 Feb 2004, 18:17:03 »
Yeah lag would be a real problem. Just wish that the gore factor was up a bit more. Guess we'll see in OFP 2.

I do like snypirs blood effects, its pretty fun to use. :)

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #3 on: 28 Feb 2004, 21:16:28 »
Gore is fun... The first 10 seconds. No, please keep OFP clean - Snypir's OFPEC blood was a good addon, I don't want even gorisher (wtf?) addons.

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #4 on: 01 Mar 2004, 03:30:29 »
I'm not bitching...  but.
I think you need to take a step back. Do you really think that that much gore would be a good thing for Flashpoint or any game at all?
You have to understand that seeing bodyparts flying around and having bits of brain and the like spread about the place is not fun and it's not desirable. I am very glad that Flashpoint's gore is fairly low. It's ok to see green bug eyed aliens being blown up in the movies but not people. People getting blown to bits makes you sick.  :P If you made the game too close to reality you wouldn't really want to play it.

On a lighter note, isn't this in the wrong place to post?  ;)
Surely losing body parts is not addons, but take aways?
« Last Edit: 01 Mar 2004, 03:32:41 by The-Architect »
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Dubieman

« Reply #5 on: 01 Mar 2004, 22:56:11 »
Okay I'll keep it to minumum or moderate violence. So the hand guns and rifles make the bloody rashes but what about bigger weapons like grenades, rockets, and tank guns?

Maybe rockets just evaporate ppl so there is no lag and some blood is left so we don't see corpses flying away from the battle site 50 m in the air. Same with tank guns, a guy gets a sabot round or HEAT in the face, he should be well, gone.

Alright my new idea is how guys go down, like a leg shot sends them spinning to the ground or they stumble.  A chest shot would have them pause and fall slowly to their knees and then to the ground.  

Something along those lines.... ::)

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #6 on: 03 Mar 2004, 17:53:03 »
Anyway.. Enough with the complaining about the idea ;)
Is this acctualy possible?
Maybe something in the addon, the hit blood thing that appers when your hit..
Make that transparent (So you can see though the person)..
Maybe
Or an anim that moves the head away using an anim, and detects using the commands like handhit etc

Is it possible? Not is it right, or is it nice... Just is it possible?
- Ben