Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Bug with Editor  (Read 492 times)

GAZ NZ

Bug with Editor
« on: 01 Mar 2004, 12:38:16 »
The maps I have made say error cannot load - so and so mod missing
But i never used that mod it mentions in my Mission i was making?

It so happens i just removed that mod from my Addons directory and it says i need it when i never did use it.
I ahve had this happen on  a number of mods.
im using 1.96 beta

Whats the deal with this? Is the maps ive made now corrupted?
Can one cut and paste it to another map or do a merge to clear this error with mods?

Its pretty fawked

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
Re:Bug with Editor
« Reply #1 on: 01 Mar 2004, 12:42:56 »
Maybe you've inserted an object from the mod by mistake afterall. I don't see any other way for this to happen.
If you're certain that the mission doesn't have an object that needs an addon/mod you can hack the mission.sqm file and manually remove the addon from the addons list.
Just open the mission.sqm file in notepad or text editor like that and you'll see the addons list right on top of the mission.sqm. Remove the addon from the list and save the file.
Not all is lost.

StonedSoldier

« Reply #2 on: 01 Mar 2004, 12:43:57 »
open up the mission.sqm file of your mission in something like notepad and remove the line that go on about a required addon

the other dude beat me to it
« Last Edit: 01 Mar 2004, 12:45:06 by StonedSoldier »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #3 on: 01 Mar 2004, 13:23:56 »
Artak, you're so innocent.   ;D   OFP is perfectly capable of logging onto the internet while you're asleep, downloading half an addon, inserting it into a mission as in object invisible both in the game and in the editor, then deleting the addon (but not the object) and covering its tracks.

You may laugh, but I have had experiences which are consistent with this theory.    

The solution is to copy and paste (use something as a reference so you can get everything in exactly the same place) the mission into an absolutely fresh clean blank map, clean the mission.sqm (remember the intro and outro sections) and clean up your addon folders.   Reinstalling the game is unlikely to help.

« Last Edit: 01 Mar 2004, 13:24:35 by macguba »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #4 on: 01 Mar 2004, 13:35:34 »
 :o :D

For some version (maybe all of them) there was (is?) a bug that the addon reference in the mission.sqm was (is?) not updated if you have inserted an object requiring an addon and then removed it in the editor.

Was that diplomatic enough? :D

In eathly terms:

I have an empty map and I place a BAS ranger soldier and save the mission.
      --> OFP writes in the mission.sqm that this addon is used.
I remove the BAS ranger soldier and save the mission.
      --> OFP removes the soldier from the mission.sqm but not the addon
            from the reference in mission.sqm.

Result:
I have an empty map, that needs the Delta/Ranger pack in order to work.

Fix:
Manually remove the the addon reference from the mission.sqm.
Not all is lost.

Offline icarus_uk

• Members
  • LiarLiarPants Inflame True
    • [furryclan]
« Reply #5 on: 01 Mar 2004, 14:11:40 »
Before I save my map to a .pbo, I open the mission.sqm and delete all the entries for the addons required, including the auto addons.  Then I load the mission back in the editor and save it.  This removes all the unused addon entries, and makes sure that only the ones that are really in the map are entered into the .sqm.

GAZ NZ

« Reply #6 on: 01 Mar 2004, 19:42:01 »
Thank you gentlemen
With that fixed ill be hopefully able to soon post up my game to play which should have all the bas addons it in that have just come out.
Its been months in the making.
A map based on the old mission made called Absoulte Zero - re modified severly with an  front line, better insertions, new equipment etc.
And of course u can use all the new BAS addons.
Its also best played with ECP.

Cheers       ;)