Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: USMC units  (Read 1483 times)

Offline SEAL84

• Members
  • Always lurking
USMC units
« on: 18 Jan 2004, 23:18:28 »
We really need some USMC units!

Some units we need made:

UH-1-4BN - the last upgrade to the Huey added a four-bladed rotor and some electronic upgrades.  The new upgrade package added countermeasures and a glass cockpit.  There should be a slick version and a gunship with rockets and miniguns.

AH-1-4BW - this Cobra upgrade package adds the same engine and four-bladed rotor to the Cobra as was added to the Huey.  The instrumentation is upgraded and countermeasures have been added.  Instead of TOWs, this bird would carry improved Hellfires.

Wasp:  This ship is mostly flight deck but would be able to offload AAV7s and LCACs.  It should probably be a static unit so the deck and dock could be used, like the USS Ashland was done.

LCAC:  It might be worth playing around with the APC class to see if you could make a real hovercraft, though I'm not sure if you could raise the water speed - we all know how slow the BMP is in the drink.  It would probably only be able to carry infantry, but that's okay with me.

AAV7:  I know of only one and I think it was Frandsen.  He did a good job but it never worked right with the Ashland - I couldn't get it up the ramp inside the ship.  Might be worth making a new one.

It would rule if all these units were made by the same person or people to keep a standard feel to them - it would make a sweet pack.

If not, getting them one by one would still rule :)

Whaddya think?

Offline NZXSHADOWS

• Members
Re:USMC units
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jan 2004, 23:33:50 »
Hmm,Sounds good,Ive seen some of those units,Such as the
AH-1W
UH-1N
AAVP7
CH-46
MH-53
Maybe even a carrierfor all that
But I dont know where I seen them.They looked good to.

Offline SEAL84

• Members
  • Always lurking
« Reply #2 on: 18 Jan 2004, 23:51:20 »
Yeah, the AH-1W is in the works and there's a UH-1N out there somewhere, but the ones I mentioned are upgrades.  I think the official designation on the new Cobra is the AH-1Z, dunno about the Huey.  

The assault ship that's out there isn't exactly what I'm looking for - the Wasp class ships can carry far more units than the Ashland addon.

Offline NZXSHADOWS

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 18 Jan 2004, 23:58:20 »
The updated Huey would be the UH-1Y,

deaddog

« Reply #4 on: 19 Jan 2004, 00:29:42 »
Rothy of Tales of War has an AAV7 which is very nice.

http://ofp.info/talesofwar/

They also have a landing ship.

Offline NZXSHADOWS

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 19 Jan 2004, 00:38:14 »
These are the only 2 old shots I could find.

Offline SEAL84

• Members
  • Always lurking
« Reply #6 on: 19 Jan 2004, 02:14:19 »

Offline NZXSHADOWS

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 19 Jan 2004, 03:03:08 »
Yeah I could probly make the AH-1Z an the UH-1Y,

Shashman

« Reply #8 on: 22 Jan 2004, 17:18:14 »
Ehhh NZXSHADOWS....  ::)
I thought you were making AH-1Z and UH-1Y?

kawalsky

« Reply #9 on: 26 Feb 2004, 15:27:48 »
erm u neva heard of earl and suchey? get his marine assult pack. from www.digitalgrenade.com.  :P