Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Commanding troops  (Read 2133 times)

Kojak

Re:Commanding troops
« Reply #15 on: 12 Mar 2004, 01:35:28 »
Sometimes you find little gems... The SP mission Take the airport http://www.ofpec.com/missions_depot/index.php?ID=837 had exactly what I wanted - an easy to use command engine, according to the intro made by Moph. Does anyone know how this one work?

Ronald Speirs

« Reply #16 on: 12 Mar 2004, 20:20:18 »
I've also created a command script based on the simple multiple squad control script of Moph.

If you want to see what it can do, check out the single player mission "Take the Airport" in the missions depot, recently reviewed by Wolfsbane.  ;)

Cheerio,

Ronald Speirs
101 Airborne Division
506 Infantry Regiment
Easy-Company

Kojak

« Reply #17 on: 13 Mar 2004, 04:13:31 »
Hey, it's you!  :wow: I must say, damn fine mission - difficult but one of the best missions I have played - and I'm picky. :thumbsup:

Now, are you interested in spilling the beans on how that was made?  ;)

Ronald Speirs

« Reply #18 on: 13 Mar 2004, 12:47:42 »
Yes it's me alright  ;D

For some details on the script I have created, look under 'units and groups' in the editors depot for a script named: "Two player Simple multiple squad control".

My script is an 'advanced' version of the script Moph originally designed.

The script in the editors depot contains a player vs player example, but it can also be used for single player missions as demonstrated in 'Take the Airport'. ;)

Cheers,

Ronald Speirs
101 Airborne Division
506 Infantry Regiment
Easy-Company

Kojak

« Reply #19 on: 13 Mar 2004, 14:16:03 »
Checking it right now - I'll be back later with my questions - and there will be questions, no question about it. :P

Kojak

« Reply #20 on: 14 Mar 2004, 01:31:23 »
People, I'm happy to announce that Moph's and Speirs scripts work like a charm. :D  Now, this was what I was looking for in the first place, and see, I have found it!

Moph, Speir, I owe you one! :thumbsup: