Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Buy Screen  (Read 726 times)

TC

Buy Screen
« on: 22 Nov 2005, 00:59:31 »
Hello all

In a campaign i am working on at the moment, you purchase weapons in between missions by entering a 'intermission' mission back at base. I have made it possible to gain money from achieving tasks, and you can then buy weapon s with the money by using the action menu, but i was wondering if it would be possible to create a proper dialouge screen, with a list down the left side of weapons to purchase, on the right the selected weapon would come up with a small picture, brief description and the ablility to buy magazines for the weapon, imagine like Counter strikey. I have never really tried my hand at this kind of pretty different scripting, so was wondering if anybody could get me started?

Regards

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
Re:Buy Screen
« Reply #1 on: 22 Nov 2005, 09:16:12 »
indeed. dialogs look pretty complicated - they're dealt with in the advanced scripting board - but once you figure out the bits you need, i.e. a combo box, or buttons, or pictures, then the rest of it is just a very tedious process of getting the things in the right place on the screen, much like object placement - move it, preview, abort, move it a tiny bit more, preview, abort, move it a tiny bit more......

this tutorial is the one i used to learn dialogs. there's also a handy dialog maker which takes a lot of the tedium out of the task. both definitely worth a look.

good luck - dialogs are tricksy at first, but they add such a dynamic element to flashpoint missions, everyone should learn 'em ;)
« Last Edit: 22 Nov 2005, 09:17:43 by bedges »