Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Owen Gun  (Read 1513 times)

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
Owen Gun
« on: 05 Feb 2004, 12:37:05 »
OK guys I have asked if anyone was interested in this before a long time ago but I thought I'd re-ignite the flame and see what you guys have to say.

The Owen gun was a simple recoil-operated sub-machine-gun first used by Australian forces in World War II. Later it was used by the S.A.S in jungle operations in Borneo.

I know OFPEC is supposed to be a modern site but this weapon would really make my day if it was created by some addon maker with a little time on his hands. Even if the concept of an addon maker having time on his hands is totally alien to most of you.

Here are some pics,

http://www.warbooks.com.au/Bookthumbnails/OwenGunFiles.jpg

http://users.bigpond.net.au/feckless/files/australia/Owen.jpg

http://www.collectorsarmoury.com.au/Pictures/machineguns/owen.jpg
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Extreme Studios

Re:Owen Gun
« Reply #1 on: 07 Feb 2004, 15:15:22 »
There's sooooooooooo much WW2 stuff already in ofp, try asking the guys at invasion 42 or 44 or whatever year it is...

MattE

« Reply #2 on: 09 Feb 2004, 03:20:11 »
What are you talking about? There's sooooooooooooooooooo much of everything. Most WW2 addons are American and German (Some British and Soviet too) European units. I've only seen 2 Pacific addons - Japanese. I think it would be good to see some more allied pacific units. Or at least some aussie units seeing that the owen gun was aussie.

Extreme Studios

« Reply #3 on: 09 Feb 2004, 22:58:59 »
Fine, but if people wanted WW2, why not go out and get MOH or something, rather than get a modern warfare game and then MOD it?  ???

MattE

« Reply #4 on: 10 Feb 2004, 01:04:10 »
Ofp would've died out long ago had people not created mods for it. Besides ofp provides things the MOH doesn't - e.g. A mission editor.

Extreme Studios

« Reply #5 on: 10 Feb 2004, 18:58:37 »
Yeah a suppose...  ::)

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #6 on: 11 Feb 2004, 03:44:19 »
Now now, that's counter productive.  :noo:
The owen gun may well have been Aussie. It may well have been a WWII weapon. However if you look up ::), you'll see that I want it for S.A.S in Indonesia. A war which was fought after WWII and not by Aussies... Well as far as I know anyway. Don't quote me on it.
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."