Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: This addaction help  (Read 1130 times)

fragger

This addaction help
« on: 10 Feb 2004, 20:32:06 »
I'm making a multiplayer mission which is going to be played over LAN, and I've found a strange problem. When I add an action to my player, and only my player, I find that when testing the mission on multiplayer, the other enemy player also gets that action when he comes close to my player. This is kind of a bummer because parts of the mission involves us being near each other, and it screws everything up if we both get the same action meant for only one of the players. When the action is executed, it also goes strange as well, in that only the player whom did that action can only see what that action does.   ???
Thanks in advance

Offline Marvin

• Members
  • One day they will come
Re:This addaction help
« Reply #1 on: 11 Feb 2004, 15:57:46 »
That could happen, if you add the addaction to other units! I had the same problem, byt now it`s fixed!
Is there any games than Flashpoint?

fragger

« Reply #2 on: 11 Feb 2004, 20:08:09 »
No i've checked and the only unit you had the addaction was my player.  :(
Has this got something to do with public variables? I have no idea whats wrong, or is there a bug in OFP?

DeadCell4

« Reply #3 on: 21 Feb 2004, 11:11:48 »
Yeah I know thats a bummer, but what i think i might try is this, in the .sqs where u post all ur AddActions name them differently...

Example you named ur player TEAM1 and your Freinds player TEAM2 so just save it as   Menu1.sqs where all addactions will be place only for you and  Menu2.sqs where all actions will be loctaed for team2 player  than in the players init just put - this [] Exec Team1.sqs - for player 1 and- this [] Exec Team2.sqs - for player 2   im not sure if this will work but it should, ill have to test it soon...
its 4 am and im lazy to check currently since I spend long time on working mission and ran into the same prob u have
« Last Edit: 21 Feb 2004, 11:12:50 by DeadCell4 »

gundernak

« Reply #4 on: 21 Feb 2004, 11:25:08 »
No it will not work...

read what I wrote at this topic:
http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=6;action=display;threadid=15715