Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: F-22 Raptor?  (Read 2784 times)

Coldfire

F-22 Raptor?
« on: 05 Feb 2004, 22:37:54 »
Has anyone ever made a F-22 Raptor fighter for Flashpoint? Because I have never seen any addons of it and I would love to fly one in OFP.

Vyper

Re:F-22 Raptor?
« Reply #1 on: 05 Feb 2004, 22:38:57 »
yup, ofp.gamezone.cz

air section theres one around!

Vyper

Coldfire

« Reply #2 on: 05 Feb 2004, 22:45:31 »
Thanx, I've been dying to fly an F-22 in OFP, they are such cool planes!

Coldfire

« Reply #3 on: 05 Feb 2004, 22:58:47 »
Actually, now I cant find it! do you know a link or somthing I can use?

havocsquad

« Reply #4 on: 05 Feb 2004, 23:45:59 »
Well, there was a beta release addon of the F-22 by quakergamer.  It needed a LOT of work done on it before it can be close to a good version for major formal release.

Since then, that F-22 addon currently is in "storage" because QC is very busy with the OPGWC mod.

All the links for it are dead since the addon was never updated or improved.

Coldfire

« Reply #5 on: 05 Feb 2004, 23:50:02 »
Is there anywhere else I could get one?

tHe s4lut3

« Reply #6 on: 08 Mar 2004, 23:07:06 »
yeah ofpzone in general has cool stuff it's more than here but there is also much more cr*p in between.i wonder when there will be final versions of th f-15/f-16/f18?they never seem to become finals, do they?

Ball Zack

« Reply #7 on: 09 Mar 2004, 05:01:53 »
You may want to hold off any F-22 projects.  I hear that the project is currently up for review, and may go the way of the Commanche.

havocsquad

« Reply #8 on: 09 Mar 2004, 15:14:34 »
I don't know where you are getting your information,  but no piece of new age helo crap will ever replace the F/A-22 in capabilities and surviability.

This aircraft is meant to replace the aging and outdated design of the F-117 Stealth Bomber in it's strike capabilities and provide an unchallenged air superiority capability, that NO other potential adversary of the F/A-22 can challenge.  The USAF will probably keep the F-117 til about 2010, but it's stealth design is already ineffective and is very vulnerable to anti-aircraft artillery if spotted because of it's low speed.

Of course the program is being reviewed, it's being reviewed to make sure the project is fullfilling the needs it promised.  The review is also to determine if the current number of F/A-22's should be higher or lower, depending on cost constraints and defense requirements.

The F/A-22 is already in production mode, it's long past it's experimental stage people.  It's a real aircraft which are now being produced and pilots trained for the aircraft for the USAF.

Why do you think the Joint Strike Fighter project is being so heavily pursued, it is because the F/A-22 gave birth to the technologies and capabilities that the F/A-35 JSF is currently going to provide in the short future.

Trust me, I've been keeping up with these two aircraft well before most people in the OFP community have.

Yes, I will even truthfully brag that I predicted the X-35 version of the JSF would beat the X-32 by Boeing 8 months before the decision was made to use the X-35 design.    (No BS people, I take my analysis of aircraft news and developments seriously.)

Not trying to be an ass or overly critical, but please provide a news link to back up your claim about a seroius challenge or debate of the F/A-22 project by instead paying for the Commanche.  Otherwise, don't post information like this, it can be misleading or just plain wrong.

Coldfire

« Reply #9 on: 10 Mar 2004, 23:31:29 »
While this is all very interesting, I still have no clue here I can download a Raptor for OFP. Could somone give me a link or somthing to follow?

Dubieman

« Reply #10 on: 11 Mar 2004, 00:39:14 »
Really if your love for this aircraft is so bad, someone will point you to it, but for practical use this plane would have little.

Not to badmouth it but the hudson pennywise F18 flies across Nogova in under a minute and assuming the F22 is faster you will be in Lipany after making a quick pass over Petrovice. I find it hard enough to target air and ground targets as is with the F18 and jets aren't good at flying slow. I do like having kick ass add ons for the hell of it but for missions err no. :-\

Hell on the ground, I sometimes can't hit A10s or Su25s nor is it likely I can hit an F18 or Mig29.  :o :)

Might just be I'm a sucky pilot... :P

Coldfire

« Reply #11 on: 12 Mar 2004, 06:52:07 »
No offence, but you may just be a crappy pilot. I can controll those F-18s at low speeds no problem...

Mind you- I have both a joystick and throttle and im a hell of a pilot in OFP.  :) So maybe its me...

Anyway, Even if its too fast to dogfight with, I'm more looking to use it against ground targets. Imagine a F-22 flying low and fast towards an enemy bunker with heavy AA and SAM protection... ;D

havocsquad

« Reply #12 on: 12 Mar 2004, 23:23:53 »
So true, leave the Combat aircraft flying to those good at it (like me and some others) and the professionals.  If you wanna learn how to improve your effectiveness in combat aircraft, ask some OFP players who have plenty of combat flight sim experience.  (Like me and a few other OFP players.)

It's difficult, Bah..   It's easy to almost control any aircraft at low speeds.  Just hit the flaps to the "half" position about 2 seconds before you approach stall speed and pull back to the ground enough to gain some speed.  

I've gutted plenty of enemy OFP AI MiG's by doing widely used aerial combat manuvers to reduce speed and pull around the bandit and end up with my m61 vulcan at it's rear with flaps enabled.  I'm talking about AI MiG's that shoot back effectively people, not some dumb Hind or Frogfoot.  (Not Su-25's or Mi-24 Hinds)  Two seconds later that bandit is a holed up piece of junk falling to the ground.

Play me in a TDM multiplayer OFP air combat mission and you'll find out how quickly knowledge and the ability to use aerial combat manuvers helps in defeating a bandit on your six or 3 O'Clock high.

Vyper

« Reply #13 on: 12 Mar 2004, 23:29:05 »
Ok....this has kind of turned into a bragfest so lets stop that one shall we?

The point still remains..i used to have an F-22 Beta addon....it wasn't amazing but it had some bay animations and cool effects but the model could have done with some work and sounds etc...

i got it from ofp.gamezone.cz but it appears to not be there anymore....so i'm afraid i can't help!

Try typing "OFP F22" into a search engine, never know!

Vyper

Ball Zack

« Reply #14 on: 13 Mar 2004, 20:17:31 »
Havocsquad I think that you missunderstood me.  When I said that the F-22 may go the way of the Commanche, I wasn't talking about the Commanche replacing the F-22.... Thats rediculous.  I was talking about how the Commanche program was recently CANCELLED, and the F-22 program is up for review.  And reguardless of how far into the production phase the F-22 program is, it can be cancelled at anytime.  In fact the Commanche was just about to enter low scale production when it was axed....

Another thing.... any idiot could have predicted that the X-35 would beat the X-32.  No pilot with any kind of dignity would even step foot in an aircraft as ugly as the X-32.  You really think the most powefull airforce in the world is going to parade that ungainly looking thing around the skies?  We might as well put up giant billboards on our boarders that say "WE LOVE FAT CHICKS!!!"
« Last Edit: 13 Mar 2004, 20:24:24 by Ball Zack »

Dubieman

« Reply #15 on: 14 Mar 2004, 02:23:42 »
cHRIST i'M NOT A SUCKY PILOT, JUST i DON'T PREFER HAVING TO GO AROUND nOGOVO OR mALDEN TO FIND MY TARGET AGAIN, (Whoops cap lock was on) :D

Anyways I can see practical use for F22s in OFp2 but not in OFP1 on some small islands near Russia where a desolote NATO outpost is. Actually don't listen to my ramblings, you guys want the kick ass jet and I'm going for realism in missions and such. :o I like storylines and such so that's just me.

(Just to get off topic.) I can control aircraft at low speeds and actually I wanna versus any of you guys if ya set it up, just to test your "skilz". In a week or two cause I'm laid up in a cast and can't use a mouse or keyboard well. :P

Cheers :cheers:

Srry for coming on so strong but you just don't brag like thatI would lke to challenge those bad ass pilots though....
« Last Edit: 14 Mar 2004, 02:41:28 by GuiltyRoachKilla »

Coldfire

« Reply #16 on: 14 Mar 2004, 07:43:49 »
Sorry to dissapiont you, but my net connection is terrible so i wont be able to show you my skills as a pilot... Besides, Im a better helicopter pilot than I am a fighter pilot.

Anyway, what I want is a F-22 for a specific campaing im trying to make. I'm trying to make a campaing set in the near future, about a series of peace-keeping missions in which somthing goes wrong. I already have the Commanche, OICW, and most of the other high-tech weapons and vehichals needed.

calm_terror

« Reply #17 on: 14 Mar 2004, 10:55:58 »
might I point out that the f-22 is a VTOL..
meaning you could stop it mid air and hover.
like the harrier. or that russian one..

Ball Zack

« Reply #18 on: 14 Mar 2004, 20:33:34 »
NNOOOO!!!!  The F-22 is NOT VTOL (Vertical Take Off and Landing).  It does have thrust vectoring but this is only to assist low speed handling.  It still needs a runway to takeoff and land.  The new F-35 Joint Strike Fighter will be made in a VTOL version to replace the Marine Corp and RAF Harrier, but the F-22 will not be made in a VTOL version.

And like I said the RAH-66 Commanche program was cancelled, so you should forget about using this aircraft in your missions if you want to be realistic.  And the OICW may get the axe too....  I guess our congress men would rather we blow all of our budget on wellfare for illegal immigrants then update the weapons our troops have been using for the past 30 years....
« Last Edit: 14 Mar 2004, 20:36:00 by Ball Zack »

Coldfire

« Reply #19 on: 14 Mar 2004, 20:48:28 »
I am well aware that the Commanche Project was cancelled, i didn't say that it was going to be the main helicopter of my Campain, did I? No, that is still going to be the AH-64 Apache, the Commanche only appears in one or two missions and plays a important role in the plot... But im not going to spoil that for you, If I ever manage to finish the campaing I'll post it on the net so you can download it and find out more.

But I wont be able to finish it until I have a F-22 Raptor, again I ask can anyone send me a link or somthing where I could download it?

Offline SEAL84

• Members
  • Always lurking
« Reply #20 on: 15 Mar 2004, 03:27:46 »
ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/QKG_F22.zip

Coldfire

« Reply #21 on: 15 Mar 2004, 06:55:13 »
Thanks! It's not the best addon in the world but it will do for my campain.

And by the way, Ball Zack, I myself being Canadian and living in a country where some of our military equipment is over 50 years old I have a serious problem with your last statment. I personally think that Health Care is much more important than replacing old weapons, I'd rather see lives saved than lives taken. No matter how someone dies, wether they are victems of war or because there were not enough doctors for everyone, somone loses a child, a parent, a sibling, or a friend. You may want to think about that next time you complain about the lack of Millitary funding...