Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: plane waypoints  (Read 986 times)

pazuzu

plane waypoints
« on: 29 Jan 2004, 10:52:08 »
Hi, I was making a mission where I wanted an enemy plane to be on standby but in flight until a trigger(for all east dead) activated the planes waypoints so it would search & destroy. But by the time all the enemy are dead it seems the plane has flown so far away some where that it hardly ever shows up to do any fighting & the mission ends with out the plane being involved.

How do I keep the plane from flying away & just stay in the area of its first waypoint untill its trigger is set?

Thank you.

PsyWarrior

Re:plane waypoints
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jan 2004, 13:31:59 »
Greetings

You could script this, I think, but I don't know how it could be done with just waypoints. Put GameLogics down where you want the plane to fly. Use 4, like a waypoint path. Call the plane "a10", and the gameLogics "GL1", "GL2" etc...

Put in activation of trigger, "airstrike = true"

the script:
Code: [Select]
#wp1
a10 domove getpos gl1

#loop1
?(! alive) a10:hint "plane destroyed"; exit
? airstrike: goto "airstrike"
?unitready a10:goto "wp2"
~0.1
goto "loop1"

#wp2
a10 domove getpos gl2

#loop2
?unitready a10:goto "wp3"
~0.1
goto "loop2"

#wp3
a10 domove getpos gl3

#loop3
?unitready a10:goto "wp4"
~0.1
goto "loop3"

#wp4
a10 domove getpos gl4

#loop4
?unitready a10:goto "wp1"
~0.1
goto "loop4"

That should work. Forgive me if it doesn't, I had to type this quickly...

-Supr. Cmdr. PsyWarrior
-Psychic Productions

deaddog

Re:plane waypoints
« Reply #2 on: 29 Jan 2004, 14:25:32 »
Or you could use a cycle waypoint and make your trigger a "switch" type trigger.

Place 4 waypoints.  Make the first two "move" waypoint and the third one a "cycle" waypoint.

Put the first two waypoints where you want the plane to circle, about 1km apart.

Put the third one (the cycle) near the first one.

Synch your "east not present" (of type switch) to the cycle waypoint.

Now place the fourth waypoint (search and destroy) where you want it.

The plane will circle between the first two waypoints until the trigger is activated.  Because it is a "switch" waypoint, it will effectively "delete" the waypoint that it is synchronized to.  This will allow the plane to continue to the next waypoint.

If the distance between the cycle and s&d waypoints is too great, you may have to put a move waypoint between them.  If the distance between two waypoints (or a move command) is too far, the plane/heli will not move.  I've noticed that it is around 7km for me.