Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Heli Problems... Im a newbee please help me out  (Read 520 times)

Tomminty

Heli Problems... Im a newbee please help me out
« on: 28 Jan 2004, 23:45:42 »
Hi,

I have just started making missions so please be kind! At the end of a mission i want to call in a chopper for extraction. I have a load WP for the chopper with with the land and getin code so it waits for my group. I have attached the radio trigger to the WP but when the radio is activated the dam chopped dosnt come in. Can anyone help with the probably stupid greenhorn mistake!

Thanks

Minty

PsyWarrior

Re:Heli Problems... Im a newbee please help me out
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jan 2004, 00:13:31 »
Greetings,

I'm sure a quick search of the forum would reveal the answer, but still...

Put a "MOVE" waypoint before the load waypoint. put it some distance away, and sinchronise that to your trigger. Put a "GET IN" waypoint for the troops and sinchronise with the "load" waypoint.

The chopper will go to the move wp, and wait there for the trigger to be activated. Then it will go to the load wp, and the troops will get in. After that, it will continue on the wp path.

Hope it helps,

-Supreme Commander PsyWarrior
-Psychic Productions

Tomminty

« Reply #2 on: 29 Jan 2004, 05:22:52 »
Hi,

Thanks for this. i will try it out tommorow and hopefully it will work. I had spent quite abit of time on this and other ofp forums but with not much luck. The problem seemed to be that no one else was haveing such as a basic a problem! lol. Anyway, thanks again. Im sure i will be back. This seems like a fairly goo forum.

Minty ;D

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #3 on: 29 Jan 2004, 12:15:17 »
Welcome to the forum!

And you're right, it is a goo forum ... you only use it once, then you get stuck here forever.  ::)
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

PsyWarrior

« Reply #4 on: 29 Jan 2004, 12:46:51 »
you only use it once, then you get stuck here forever.

This makes me suspicious about the caffine or nicotine content of OFPEC. How much do you get in the avarage slice of OFPEC? Is it psychologically or physiologically addictive? Can you get arm patches or tablets if you want to give it up?  :P

But, yes, Forum searches tend to be unreliable, so you don't always find what you're looking for. That's why it's useful to say that you searched when you post a question, to stop self-righteous ppl like me putting things like "I'm sure a quick search of the forum would reveal the answer, but still..." ::)

Next time, shoot me... :gunman:

-Supr. Cmdr. PsyWarrior
-Psychic Productions
« Last Edit: 29 Jan 2004, 12:48:01 by PsyWarrior »

Tomminty

« Reply #5 on: 29 Jan 2004, 16:04:01 »
Yeah you can get hooked. Expect to see me here for my daily hit.

Minty

StonedSoldier

« Reply #6 on: 29 Jan 2004, 16:16:27 »
im afraid just like smoking the best way to give up OFPEC is pure willpower and just like smoking you'll get severe withdrawel symtoms such as unreliable mood swings and you'll be sure to suffer sleep deprivation.