Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: SAS: Extreme Survival  (Read 1514 times)

MuSe

SAS: Extreme Survival
« on: 06 Jan 2004, 12:39:28 »
has anyone seen SAS: Extreme Survival on BBC2? (UK ppl only) Well I'm planning a mission based on a SAS squadron assault to capture the war criminal. Last episode that was on. It will be a very detailed mission. 4 squads take part.

Boat Troop (Naval Insertion)
Mobility Troop (Recon and support)
Air Troop (paradrop insertion)
Mountain Troop (Can't remember :D)

You are in command of one of these teams but you are the squadron commander. Who commands all 4 teams.

Air Troop recon the target and guard enemy reinforcement route during main assault and will ambush enemy reinforcements. I've got all the info down on paper which I noted during the program so I'll have better info next time.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Re:SAS: Extreme Survival
« Reply #1 on: 06 Jan 2004, 12:50:42 »
MuSe, Mission: Ideas are for ideas, not for advertising or present your comming missions.

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

UK_SKA_RULES

« Reply #2 on: 07 Jan 2004, 03:54:02 »
Yeah I seen that program.  I think Mountain troop was responsible for getting everyone up that cliff, and guarding the insertion/extraction area.  Maybe the mortars aswell.  I only realised the show was on half way through though.

I actually started making this mission, but like everything else, it's scrapped.

MuSe

« Reply #3 on: 07 Jan 2004, 10:54:17 »
Well if you want to, we can work on it together. I've already  placed markers on Nogova for key locations.

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #4 on: 10 Jan 2004, 15:50:56 »
Yea, I watched that..
I'm working on a mission based on the hostage rescue one..
Some changes, though..
And because of the OFP engine, it'll have to be mainly outside..
Its set on the Lialando (How ever you spell it..) island..
You can call snipers in, and machine gun support (Like in the one your mission is based on)

Anyway, I look forwards to playing the mission :)
What are you going to do about the mortars? it would be hard to implement..
- Ben

MuSe

« Reply #5 on: 17 Jan 2004, 12:34:53 »
i've put this mission on hold for awhile cause i'm working on Rally of Malden and Rally of Nogova missions.

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #6 on: 18 Jan 2004, 21:17:25 »
Hehe, sounds intresting :)
How you doing that? IE, whats to stop you cutting huge bits of the race? (Scripts.. But how..?)

Good luck with it :)
- Ben

MuSe

« Reply #7 on: 23 Jan 2004, 13:14:59 »
rally of malden stretches all around the island whereas rally of nogova is based on the "west side" of da island. LOL

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #8 on: 23 Jan 2004, 22:46:29 »
No, that now what I mean :)
What I mean is, how do you stop people cutting corners, as it were (Bigger bits that corners, though)..
Waypoints, with the last one the race win.. If so, how do you know who one, with out using triggers (Then people would just drive of road to the race end..)

Hope you understand all ^that^ more than I do :P
- Ben