Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: NATO Vehicles  (Read 1279 times)

Dubieman

NATO Vehicles
« on: 23 Jan 2004, 21:22:56 »
 I hate using US tanks sometimes except for the abrams, that is one kick @$$ tank. But M60, M113, and M2A2 are all tall and unweidly, plus the M2A2 does not float :'(

The T80, t72, Bmp, bmp2 all are low to the ground and have good profiles and make a smaller target to hit. Having a lot of serious firepower like the M2A2 in the water would be nice.

If anyone makes new NATO tank add ons tell me about them if they use this idea.  :D

Homefry31464

Re:NATO Vehicles
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jan 2004, 22:19:40 »
Well, addon maker's look for realism.  If the real M2A2 is that big, they'll make it that big, so unless there are different units there, you'll have the same problems.

Dubieman

« Reply #2 on: 24 Jan 2004, 00:13:06 »
True but I was thinking about any other NATO vehicles that maybe aren't in flashpoint regulary. You know if someone introduces a F18 hornet it isnt in the game.
 8)

Homefry31464

« Reply #3 on: 24 Jan 2004, 01:13:34 »
There is already a Hornet.  Go to ofp.info and search for it, or wait till OFPEC comes back up, its the last addon to be reviewed.  

The F/A-18 was made by Hudson and Pennywise, they did a really nice job.

Dubieman

« Reply #4 on: 24 Jan 2004, 05:42:05 »
Yes yes I know there is a F18 hornet add on, I was using it as an example.
I meant if there was a NATO tank or something with a lower profile that someone should make it as an add on cause it could make fighting Russian tanks a pinch easier. ;D

calm_terror

« Reply #5 on: 24 Jan 2004, 13:39:43 »
the problem with that is.. there are no low profile NATO tanks.
well not true cuz technically the chec republic is in NATO meaning they have T75 and t80's..
but still for some reason NATO makes tanks tall and large.
hell even those LAV's are huge..with little to no armor.
NATO tanks are build big to battle tanks head on as where Russian tanks are used more for infantry.
now for the APC. for some reason Russian's liek low pro heavy armor APCs and NATO likes tall lighter and thin armor APCs.

i tihnk all this stems from the US anti tank is aimed at mostly dismounted infantry and light fast TOW systems.
but i really have no idea why NATO likes big tall and russia likes short and stubby. might be some kinda froid thing..
lol

OrangeLeader

« Reply #6 on: 24 Jan 2004, 16:03:06 »
To an extent this is because Russia had and still has better Engineers. For example they have a fighter plane that can lock to a target behind them and fire a missile and destroy the target. No Western plane can do that.Also define low profile. That is kind of an opinion.

Pipski

« Reply #7 on: 24 Jan 2004, 16:12:57 »
non-NATO but it sounds like the Swedish Stridsvagen (?sp) `S' tank would suit you nicely.

http://www.kracik.com/me/v_s_tank.html

Don't know of any addons that feature it sadly.

calm_terror

« Reply #8 on: 24 Jan 2004, 16:35:31 »
ew that swedish tank is ugly and you have to turn the whole tank. reminds me of those wwii panzers for get their name

Dubieman

« Reply #9 on: 24 Jan 2004, 17:31:51 »
Those WWII panzers were called "Elefants" cause the things were huge. The turret did move a little up and down? ??? The only problem with those was there was no infantry machine gun and the tank only had a big main gun, infantry ran up and popped a grenade inside quick and bye bye.

Anyways looks like NATO has no lower profile vehicles maybe except the Challeger 2 MBT but I don't know what that looks like. Still I wish there was an alternitive to using that swedish tank, I'd be dead in 10 seconds in a battle. :-\  

Still gotta love the M1A1 Abrams tank, big low profile :o, good armor and speed, AND looks good! ;D