Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: AirCraft Carrier InGAME Pics!!!!!  (Read 11185 times)

PunkerSXDX

Re:AirCraft Carrier InGAME Pics!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: 22 Sep 2002, 22:22:11 »
Nice!

RIGHT ON!  :D

Offline Vera_Krieg

• Members
  • Your a Daisy if ya' do
« Reply #31 on: 27 Sep 2002, 19:10:24 »
DOn't let me rush you just wondering, whats the news on the Carrier?  I NEED FEEDBACK... GOING... NUTS...  
Trained to Fight, Trained To Kill, Ready to Die, but Never Will.  Marines Make the Blood Flow, Blood Makes the Grass Grow...

Bremmer

« Reply #32 on: 27 Sep 2002, 20:38:03 »

[attachment deleted by admin]

Vyper

« Reply #33 on: 27 Sep 2002, 21:47:51 »
Ironically Bremmer........there are different sizes of aircraft carriers

Vyper

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #34 on: 28 Sep 2002, 01:04:33 »
It's not that far Off, and I think it's just the US with HUGE Air Craft carriers, I know the UK has really nice ones, but I think the Nimitz Class is the Biggest, (Not Sure though).

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #35 on: 28 Sep 2002, 02:26:10 »
I served aboard the Washington's slighty older sister, the Abraham Lincoln, and as they are late model Nimitz class carriers, they are by far the largest and heaviest warships of any kind now, and ever before in world history. The exact dimensions evade my memory, but IIRC, it was very nearly 1000 feet long, 250 feet wide, flight deck was close to a hundred feet above the waterline. They displace nearly 100000 tons, fully loaded. They carry a compliment of nearly 6000 crew, and passengers. Nominal airwing comprises about a hundred fixed wing aircraft, and 6-12 helo's.
Now, I was one of the nuclear engineers aboard, so I can also tell you the ship's propulsion and engineering systems were even more impressive than the sheer size of these monsters. They're very fast, with two seperate nuclear reactors driving  four steam turbine engines with shafted propellers, producing 65000shp each. I can't say exactly how fast they are due to security restrictions, but suffice to say you could practically waterski behind her under the right conditions, lets say it's more than thirty knots. At full steam she could outrun her battle group, and sustain that speed for a week or more. That translates into nearly 500 miles per day.
So endeth the sermon...

Offline KevBaz

• Members
« Reply #36 on: 28 Sep 2002, 11:50:44 »
Us brits aircraftcarriers are tiny incomparison to them yank things ;D but size aint everything, during the FALKLANDS WAR we had 2 cariiers down there the HERMES and the INVINCIBLE and on those ships combined was a TOTAL of 20 SEA HARRIERS, they had to protect the task force from over 150 argentine fighter and bomber aircraft, and not one HARRIER was lost in air to air combat, although we did loose some ships it was mainly due to the exocet missile.

So size aint everything when u got the best pilots  ;D

Bremmer

« Reply #37 on: 28 Sep 2002, 12:48:01 »
Fair nuff.

I somehow got it into my head that NAA US Marine's carrier was supposed to be the USS GW. And please don't get me wrong - it looks good - certainly way better than anything I could do. I'm looking forward to seeing it in game as much as anyone.

Cheers

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #38 on: 28 Sep 2002, 20:32:11 »
well a hundred Years ago the Brits Ruled the Seas, I'd expect them to still pack a Pretty Powerful Punch  ;)

imemyself

« Reply #39 on: 29 Sep 2002, 06:46:32 »
Yes you can move around and maybe we will add decks but i dont know how they would get up to the flightdeck.
You could add stairs or a ladder.

Eviscerator

« Reply #40 on: 29 Sep 2002, 09:37:38 »
the royal navy is still a pretty fearsome thing, carriers arent everything :) although i believe britain will be getting a couple of supercarriers soon(when i say soon i mean in military terms = 10-15 years)

Monkey Lib Front

« Reply #41 on: 29 Sep 2002, 12:10:54 »
yes we will be getting them hopefully in 2012, also along with alot of JSF Aircraft  8).

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #42 on: 29 Sep 2002, 18:33:58 »
Uh, yes carriers ARE everything, thats why every industialized nation in the world wants them, and hates the US Navy for having 14 of them. It's an entirely different bag of worms, but carriers are the ultimate in flexible naval power projection. Battleships of the line are gone for good, at least for the forseable future, and only the nuclear submarine can defeat the carrier battle group... Luckily we've got them coming out of our ears as well.
Yes, The UK's full deck carrier is coming along soon, and will be the premiere naval superpower in Europe, until France works the bugs out of their Charles de Gaulle class light aircraft carriers. I also expect effective medium weight carrier designs to emerge from Italy and Spain, by the end of the decade.
And gents, our next carrier design to be built by 2010, will be a magnitude more effective than our current supercarriers. CVN 78 and beyond will incorporate many stealth innovations, as well as a more effective interior design, quadruple redundancy command and control systems, databuses, damage control, and egineering/propulsion equipment.
Further, with the advent of JSF and UCAV, the airwing will be tremendously more effective. Imagine more than a hundred stealthy attack planes able to attack any target within 2000 miles of a US carrier battle group, in any weather, day or night, with prcision guided munitions.
No warning, no where to hide, no mercy.

Offline Vera_Krieg

• Members
  • Your a Daisy if ya' do
« Reply #43 on: 29 Sep 2002, 23:21:59 »
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Yeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaah!  I love it.  Still... No news on the carrier though? ???
Trained to Fight, Trained To Kill, Ready to Die, but Never Will.  Marines Make the Blood Flow, Blood Makes the Grass Grow...

Vyper

« Reply #44 on: 30 Sep 2002, 00:34:23 »
britain will once again rule the seas!!!!!!

Oh yea.......what always makes me laugh is the stealth fighter, opiomizing America's eagerness and Britains still worthy shite:

America wanted to test the new stealth fighter against a worthy adversary so decided to fly it over the atlantic to britain without warning.....a few hours after take off america got a call from good old blighty saying they'd spoted a plane over the atlantic on radar, very faint signal, had they lost one?

Thats just genius!

Vyper