Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mission files go where?  (Read 465 times)

Pipski

Mission files go where?
« on: 06 Jan 2004, 19:38:01 »
 :-[  Believe it or not I have searched high and low to find the answer to this, most rudimentary of questions!  I have a finished mission (more or less) that works fine in preview.  What must I put where to get it to run from the normal game menu?  I've pbo'd it, depbo'd it, put it in its own folder (a la the Resistance missions) and got some various odd results but nothing that actually works.  The overview and piccie show up okay but when I click on start it goes back to the main menu so I must be doing something wrong.  I know I did have a tutorial that explained all this but I seem to have deleted it and simply can't find it again!   :-[

m21man

Re:Mission files go where?
« Reply #1 on: 06 Jan 2004, 19:45:14 »
All you have to do is place the mission PBO in your OperationFlashpoint/Missions folder.

Pipski

« Reply #2 on: 06 Jan 2004, 19:49:50 »
That's what I thought too.  Is there something missing from my .pbo?  It has the overview, image, briefing, notes, .sqs and .sqm files in it.  I have a vague memory that you need to pinch a couple of files from a pre-existing mission before it will run though ... would that be right?

m21man

« Reply #3 on: 06 Jan 2004, 21:25:56 »
I have a vague memory that you need to pinch a couple of files from a pre-existing mission before it will run though ... would that be right?
No. It really should work, unless something got messed up in the SQM.

BTW - Does your mission have a description.ext?

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #4 on: 06 Jan 2004, 21:37:50 »
When your mission works fine in the Editor, click on the save button on the right of the screen.   Explore the drop down menu until you find "export to SP" or whatever.   Click on it.

This combines everything into the pbo and places the file in the Missions folder, so that it will appear with all the other missions such as Steal the Car.

Alternatively, and this is most useful for testing the Overview, copy/cut and paste the mission folder into the OFP/Missions directory.

If the Ed Depot is working download the Tutorial Mission.   It has all the files that you need for a half decent mission, you can use them as templates or just to check you have everything.

Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

m21man

« Reply #5 on: 06 Jan 2004, 21:46:46 »
New version of the Impossible Mission coming soon.
:D

Pipski

« Reply #6 on: 06 Jan 2004, 22:08:53 »
BTW - Does your mission have a description.ext?

Nooo.  That must be the problem.  Will investigate.  Cheers guys.

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #7 on: 10 Jan 2004, 20:48:36 »
Maybe you forgot the little bit where the weather is kept.

Go to the weather bit in the editor and where it says name, put the same name as you called your briefing or overview or whatever. it should work
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."