Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: nead help respawn in sp  (Read 1798 times)

netta1234

Re:nead help respawn in sp
« Reply #15 on: 08 Jan 2004, 21:46:45 »
how do i MAKE AL respawn ?

plz reple

Offline .pablo.

• Former Staff
  • When in doubt, empty the magazine.
« Reply #16 on: 08 Jan 2004, 23:57:31 »
how do i MAKE AL respawn ?

plz reple

"The same is unfortunately true of AIs - You can't respawn them.  You can however use the createUnit command to create a new unit identical to the old one. -> search for createUnit.

So player respawning in SP = impossible, but creating the appearence of AI respawning is perfectly possible."

so go here:
http://www.flashpoint1985.com/docs/comref_102002/data/comref.html

and search for "createunit"

netta1234

« Reply #17 on: 09 Jan 2004, 00:04:56 »
ok how do i create a new on ill go look at the website now

junkie-xL

« Reply #18 on: 09 Jan 2004, 10:43:16 »
   So player respawning in SP = impossible"

it is possible to have the player respawn in SP. It's a feature of my Realistic Crime City (go here to download: http://www.coldfritescrisis.host.sk/gta-trinity.html). For experiment, use the "quick money"-option in the radio menu: it unleashes you in the "kill or be killed"-gladiator arena.

It's still heavily WIP though.

I'm not using onplayerkilled (because indeed then you can't access the user interface anymore except by giving the player a "you are dead"-exit with forceend or endmission - i forgot, one of them did the job - in the radio menu - which people will barely be willing to accept).

I'm using a trigger that kicks in at
damage player >= 0.6

then you get respawned (player setdammage 0) at another location or at a location of your choosing

You'll have to experiment a bit with the degree of damage, setting it  to a higher level makes it less fail-proof.

I'm aware that some kind of death animation or a "you got badly injured!!"-transition in setacctime 0.5 would make it look better, but I haven't had time to implement this yet.

netta1234

« Reply #19 on: 09 Jan 2004, 12:03:59 »
COOL I DOWNLOADING NOW

PsyWarrior

Re:Need help - respawn in SP
« Reply #20 on: 12 Jan 2004, 23:03:52 »
Hmm...Intriguing.

I stand corrected Junkie-XL. I thought about doing something similar but came across the problem of the player taking enough damage to kill him instantly (e.g. tank shell in the face). In fact, I actually made a script to do this, but the onPlayerKilled still kicked in every time the player took a headshot / other instant death hit.

Of course I used a looping script condition for this instead of a trigger (I seem to have a deep psychological aversion to triggers at the minuite). The trigger is almost certainly faster than a looping script, so that's probably why.

This opens possibilities for all manner of GTA3 style goodness... ;D

In return for this info, perhaps we can help with your transition probs:

My advice (for what it's worth) would be to use a simple Fade to Black with text overlay - this way you can continue with the setpos and setdamage 0 stuff without worrying about the onPlayerKilled script kicking in. This would almost certainly be a problem if you used setAccTime.

But again I'm speaking entirely theoretically here. What Flashpoint does or does not decide to do is often completely different from the theory (as anyone who has spent time editing in OFP will know). I don't think I'm telling you anything you don't know here, but sometimes it helps to have a second opinion.

-Supr. Cmdr. PsyWarrior
-Psychic Productions.

P.S. -> I think it's enableEndDialog. I think. :)