Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Battle Of Britain Island Map  (Read 1114 times)

sneaky6

Battle Of Britain Island Map
« on: 19 Nov 2003, 14:58:57 »

Hi,
Myself and map/ addon maker Scud have jsut started up a new mod, Ofp Generations.  It's our aim to bring extra realism to an already expanded addon community.   Our current projects are JungleIsle a map for jungle enthusiasts and a Battle of Britain map to compliment the brilliant Trench/ AiA planes pack for ww2.
We are looking for some1 to help us with object making, and binarizing the ones we've already made.
job vacancies are posted at ofpec/recruiting.  Or email myself at sneaky6_productions@yahoo.co.uk

http://www.freewebs.com/ofpgenerations/

Screenie of work in progress....
« Last Edit: 24 Nov 2003, 00:14:44 by sneaky6 »

m21man

Re:Battle Of Britain Island Map
« Reply #1 on: 20 Nov 2003, 03:24:20 »
More jungles ;D ! I'd work on the Battle of Britain map first, it'll be more unique than the four or so jungle islands already in development by other mods.

MovingTarget

« Reply #2 on: 20 Nov 2003, 09:37:12 »
Now this is a cool idea. As most of the fighting took place in the skies over the south coast and the English Channel there's no way you could accurately cram it all into one map. So, my question is are you going to concentrate on one area of the south coast or are you going to come up with a generic coastline with some white cliffs representing Dover? Either way, looking at the screenshots, it's gonna be cool!  8)

sneaky6

« Reply #3 on: 20 Nov 2003, 11:06:07 »

The map was initially designed for just MP online dogfighting once AIA released their Flight Pack....    But since then the concept has grown..  We have now added towns and white cliffs of dover which at the moment spreads almost all along the south English coast.. THe only problem is the map dont finish up to edges well.. I guess we could set triggers as warnings that your flying off map... and then destroy your plane but this doesnt seem like a good idea..    SO the plan is to have 2 islands..   Which we have but north with white cliffs is to symbolise England/Dover and the island in south east corner is representing French Coast... With like English Island has many patchwork quilt fields and airstrips for the Axis....   I had word from Trenchfeet he is working on a cool Heinkel HE 111 which is a german bomber...  With differculties of having 2 airfields that work  ie Take off landing of AI we have decided for SP missions to have the axis airfield the working one....  So we can fly our spits lol.. sorry boy hood fantasy  ;)

The french coast will feature normandy style tank spikes on beach and bunkers...   with long beach... So then the map can work as a coastal Higgins raid so it doesnt just get dumped as a flight map.. We want as much depth as possible.. And with the channel at the moment it takes about 2 minutes to fly over which in flashpoint terms and flying at 400mph is pretty good distance...   This we hope will add another depth to the playablity with the map being used for Naval warfare.. When such addons come out  ;)  As not many maps have catered for this area of combat as yet.

thx SneakySix

oh yes new addon features will be spotlights to lighht up the sky for the flak cannons and a new British Control Tower..  Only needs interior now...
« Last Edit: 24 Nov 2003, 00:15:17 by sneaky6 »

Offline SafetyCatch

• Members
  • War...it's fantastic!
« Reply #4 on: 20 Nov 2003, 12:00:42 »
nice work on the map, looks really cool :D
« Last Edit: 20 Nov 2003, 12:07:04 by SafetyCatch »

Munk D

« Reply #5 on: 22 Nov 2003, 12:53:09 »
Nobody seems to be interested in this on the offical forums. I swear if you don't have a high post count everyone ignores you. Guess I should start spammin'  ;D

sneaky6

« Reply #6 on: 23 Nov 2003, 16:54:55 »

Hi SneakySix again  ;D

I got some new screenies of the new and first addon to go with the Battle of Britain map..    The Control Tower... It will feature some interior panels and maps and other related stuff to match the era.  But here's an early peek

« Last Edit: 24 Nov 2003, 00:15:47 by sneaky6 »

Offline scud

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 27 Nov 2003, 06:07:32 »

Work has started on ships, this is a peak at cargoship/troopcarrier. (Only in testing stage at moment).

Also have plans on LCMs, U-Boats and other vessels.

Those that know - say nothing. Those that know nothing - tell all.

Skorp1on

« Reply #8 on: 06 Dec 2003, 20:33:21 »
Looks great so far, but no battle of Britain mod is complete without a swarm of high pitch stukas (Junkers JU-57) diving at a radar station in dover... Bang, boom! Bang t'would go! Just like that! Also, for the control tower it would be cool to have those female RAF officers who always wear a huge smile and push around those counter type thingys on a map... Also you need a heinkel! (HE-111) I know a lot about WWII (especially the aircraft) so just PM me if you have a question, nd I might be able to help you.  Wow. I'm a little excitable today. Sorry  ::)

Skorp1on

« Reply #9 on: 06 Dec 2003, 20:44:42 »
Also, is that a British P51-D above? I've never seen one in RAF colours. Was it something you made yourselves? Not sure about the tail-plane though, looks Australian... Have you thought about putting a Paul Bolten defiant in? They weren't very succesful in the war, but they have a mounted glass turret just behind the cockpit. Would make for intersting MP games. If possible, an Avro III Lancaster Dambuster would be superb! Bouncing bombs would make for amusing MP games as well, trying to get away from a dam maybe "hint hint" whilst bombs are hurtling towards it. Ok, I think I have said enough. Looks good though. :wave:

Offline scud

• Members
« Reply #10 on: 07 Dec 2003, 10:47:59 »
Thanks for your interest and reply.

All coments well taken, most of which have already been discussed but I must admit I hadn't thought of the 'Bolten Paul Defiant'.
Things are a little slow at the mo due to small number of staff
We are always open to suggestions and do appreciate any help.

p.s  No the planes arn't ours they are made by the talented Trenchfeet
« Last Edit: 07 Dec 2003, 10:49:44 by scud »
Those that know - say nothing. Those that know nothing - tell all.