Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Female voice  (Read 578 times)

cliff

Female voice
« on: 27 Nov 2003, 22:53:04 »
Any hints on how I get a good female voice?
IÂ've got an identity set in the descriptionfile, with a highpitched male voice, sounds too silly for a serious mission. I donÂ't believe there are any female voices ingame, so a few hints on which male voice and what pitch to use would be greatly appreciated. (assuming there IS a way at all)

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
Re:Female voice
« Reply #1 on: 28 Nov 2003, 00:52:52 »
Do you have Goldwave ? the sound editing program ???? its a great littel thing for no money at all.. you will be able to alter the dound file through here..

Alternitavely whast ur voice like ?

Regards Rhys
Reviewed Missions Board: Please Read the User's Guide before posting!

Pride and Joy 1 (HW100-T)

cliff

« Reply #2 on: 28 Nov 2003, 14:44:27 »
I believe I might have been unclear as of what I want. IÂ'm not in need of a female recording of text, like a sample for a mission briefing or such. I need the ordinary "man, 200" and "oh no, 6 is down" to sound like a female voice, since theres a woman in your squad and having her sound like Arnie is not very true to the looks and feel of the mission.

So, how do I give her a female sound, using the built in voices?
« Last Edit: 28 Nov 2003, 14:44:41 by cliff »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #3 on: 28 Nov 2003, 18:34:41 »
I have a feeling you can't, though I'm not sure.   What you can do is alter the pitch of the male voices ... if you do a bit of experimenting you might find one that sounds vaguely suitable.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Kaliyuga

« Reply #4 on: 28 Nov 2003, 18:38:48 »
 You could also wait about a month or so for me and LCD to finish the female voice pack....

I've  been putting it off for too long already but we had other more important things to finish ;)

:cheers:

cliff

« Reply #5 on: 30 Nov 2003, 17:48:44 »
Hehe, every time I ask for something, it turns out someones doing it as an addon/mod/config thingy. IsnÂ't this community great :)

To Macguba: Yep, I am aware of this (tried to explain it in my first post, but IÂ'm a sucker for complicating my posts ;) )
So I was hoping someone who has had the same problem could give me a tip on which setting/pitch and voice to use.

Thanks for the replys so far though.
« Last Edit: 30 Nov 2003, 17:49:47 by cliff »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #6 on: 30 Nov 2003, 17:51:06 »
Holy shit, it's like I didn't even READ your first post ... sorry, don't know what came over me.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

cliff

« Reply #7 on: 03 Dec 2003, 01:28:00 »
Right now, IÂ'm using the voice of "peter" with a pitch of 1.3.
It stinks, but...
Any suggestions?

Loup-Garou

« Reply #8 on: 05 Dec 2003, 12:14:45 »
I have the same problem (you can look at "my" subject : "Feminine voices"). Alas, it seems that there's not any other solution   :-\  ... so it's high pitch... or use an addon... .
« Last Edit: 05 Dec 2003, 12:15:05 by Loup-Garou »