Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: gaskin AA system  (Read 2492 times)

Matt

gaskin AA system
« on: 12 Sep 2002, 00:55:13 »

[attachment deleted by admin]

Eviscerator

Re:gaskin AA system
« Reply #1 on: 12 Sep 2002, 21:26:11 »
it wont work, you cant have a vehicle that has wheels and has rockets

Matt

« Reply #2 on: 12 Sep 2002, 22:09:38 »
Ah right. well thanks anyway for letting me know

Wolf

« Reply #3 on: 12 Sep 2002, 22:14:13 »
What do you mean?
The DKM Mod made the ADATS, it fires missiles.
And the Gaskin is the same isn't it?
Its just an AA weapons such as the ADATS.

Eviscerator

« Reply #4 on: 12 Sep 2002, 22:19:21 »
does an adats have wheels? and does it act like a car?

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 12 Sep 2002, 22:25:12 »
Listen to Evis, that's all I'm going to say.

Cheers, KTottE
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Razor

« Reply #6 on: 14 Sep 2002, 01:16:44 »
Gee the desert storm guys have a Tow on a hummer working.

Eviscerator

« Reply #7 on: 14 Sep 2002, 01:56:08 »
no, they have an explosive bullet on a hummer :) it cant track at all, pretty useless in a SAM isnt it?

Dkraver

« Reply #8 on: 15 Sep 2002, 02:50:30 »
There's probely a answer to this somewhere else but here goes.
The thing with rockets/misiles on wheelled vehicles, is it something that bis can change without redoing the game engine??

Eviscerator

« Reply #9 on: 15 Sep 2002, 11:31:11 »
probably not, all the simulations are hard coded (ie tank, plane, helicopter etc) and all the things that go with that like gear down/turn in/out are coded into these, you can slightly edit them in the cpp but some things just cant be edited, and as bis didnt need any missiles on a car they didnt code it, same with gunners in planes and more than one gunner

Chris IX

« Reply #10 on: 16 Sep 2002, 23:23:42 »
I downloaded a BMP with Sam capabilities. Look for VIK SAM BMP in addons depot. Only problem is that it's labelled Vik Sam Bmp even when you play the game. Just aint right. >:(.

Anyways why can't you just make a Gaskin with tank tracks? duh. (Like the one in "Behind enemy lines"-the film).

Chris IX

« Reply #11 on: 16 Sep 2002, 23:25:26 »
Oh yeah and you need something for Soviets, too, and maybe NATO (I just can't hit a thing with those shilkas, aspecially planes)

Matt

« Reply #12 on: 16 Sep 2002, 23:40:15 »
I got the idea about it from that film but when i looked for pictures a couldn't really get a good one with tracks so i got that one. Well does any one know if theres one being made with tracks on it instead of wheels?

Eviscerator

« Reply #13 on: 17 Sep 2002, 00:51:15 »
if its a gaskin with tracks...its no longer a gaskin :) as far as i can see the only viable SA-#'s are the SA-13 and SA-15(the 2S6M is another AA vehicle but not a sole surface-to-air), the SA-9 has wheels and the SA-6 has detachable missiles on a turret(which cant be done in ofp, the missiles wont move while the turret rotates), whereas the SA-13 Gopher is a tracked tube launched missile firing SAM

SA-13

SA-15

Ive made an MT-LB which is the APC which the SA-13 is based on, so as soon as its textured ill see if i can make one :)

Matt

« Reply #14 on: 17 Sep 2002, 20:06:21 »
cool nice one and thanks  :) :)