Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Stolen Nuke Addon Pack  (Read 1237 times)

CPT Rooster

Stolen Nuke Addon Pack
« on: 30 Oct 2003, 21:27:12 »
I have an idea for a addon that would go along with a storyline in a mission:

Story: December 2003
A Russian convoy enroute to a location in southern Russia was attacked and raided by a Terrorist organization. It just so happens that the convoy contained a Ural Truck with a MIRV Nuclear Warhead destined for destruction. That Ural Truck is currently missing and believed to be in possession of the terrorists. The warhead could be engineered to fit in a briefcase and man transported and detonated at the location.
The story sounds similar to the movie "The Peacemaker", but involves all aspects of OFP.

Addon Pack: Stolen Nuke
- MIRV on Ural Truck Transport
- Terrorist (Nuke)
- Nuclear Engineer (armed civilian fighting for the terrorists)

The nuke would be an item that is in the soldier/terrorist inventory at the mission briefing. The commands would be similar to a satchel charge with alterations. Long range radio detonation, detonation, disarming and a command to destroy the weapon without detonating it. The effect of detonation would consist of a low level nuclear explosion with bright flash of light, mushroom cloud, shock wave, fire, brimstone and the works.

Any ideas on how to make these addons or any volunteers who would like to make them, please reply.

Mr_Shady

Re:Stolen Nuke Addon Pack
« Reply #1 on: 30 Oct 2003, 22:54:45 »
A MIRV in a suitcase? That'd be a big piece of hand luggage  ;D

CPT Rooster

« Reply #2 on: 31 Oct 2003, 16:53:40 »
What I mean is the warhead is engineered to be suitcase size. Just in the Peacemaker, the bombs themselves were huge, but the warhead fit inside a backpack. It could be done, but maybe quite possible not with a MIRV.

Homefry31464

« Reply #3 on: 01 Nov 2003, 17:03:35 »
All you would really need is the briefcase, there are a few nuke scripts around.

BronzeEagle

« Reply #4 on: 02 Nov 2003, 02:36:53 »
Everon cartel has the openable briefcase with the floppy and the letter inside.  No nuke warheads.  

bigdog632

« Reply #5 on: 02 Nov 2003, 08:54:51 »
what about a small truck like the hilux
it isnt as small as a backpack or briefcase but maybe a lil more reasitic

calm_terror

« Reply #6 on: 02 Nov 2003, 15:54:35 »
actual what they used in the backpack nuke was the fission stage of the fusion nuke ie thermo nuke. H bomb type.
remember nukes work like this.
chemical explosive (c-4) as a primer charge used to force the implosion of the nuke fuel, nuke fission reaction from implosion causign huge release of energy(A-bomb small scale), then fromt he heat of the fission reaction  it begins to cause hydrogen into a fusion reaction (releasign 5 or more times the engery of the fission reaction H-bomb)

so you see there is 3 different bombs in an H-bomb 2 types in a A-bomb, 1 type in a normal chemical explosive.

an H type bomb can not fit in a suitcase it requires to much stuff. but the fission bomb stage of the H-bomb could be used.. it is aboot what 5kg of materal then aboot 15 to 20 kgs shielding, casing chemical explosives and part denoting parts..
and MIRV are multi reentry vechical warheads depends on the missile but form 5 to 20 each with around say 5Megaton warhead (H-bombs)..
the last figures are ruff guess to lazy to go find the different specs for russian ICBM's armed with MIRV's...

bigdog632

« Reply #7 on: 02 Nov 2003, 17:14:53 »
most mirvs i saw were in the kiloton range  but yeah they are all nasty fellas regardless

Homefry31464

« Reply #8 on: 04 Nov 2003, 03:08:15 »
I am sure there is a way to determine to locate the briefcase, and set off the nuke at that position depending on the conditions you have to make the nuke detonate in a mission.

tybriel

« Reply #9 on: 15 Nov 2003, 15:41:43 »
unless you want your nuke engineer to have special clothes or a hardhat or something, your engineer can be made by simple adding this into his init box in the mission editor:

this addWeapon "AK74"; this addMagazine "AK74"; this addMagazine "AK74"; this addMagazine "AK74"

replace the AK74 with whatever weapon or magazine you want. You can find a list of these by looking at the official flashpoint site and downloading their Command Reference.

sabreblade

« Reply #10 on: 15 Nov 2003, 18:01:12 »
    hmm i don't know anything about nukes but if you had a suitcase with a nuke in, wouldn't it be radioactive and hurt you??

SB

tybriel

« Reply #11 on: 16 Nov 2003, 13:30:03 »
Only in the long term. And when your planning to suicide-bomb a city, with a nuke even, you don't have very much long term ahead of you.

CPT Rooster

« Reply #12 on: 29 May 2004, 20:45:19 »
I downloaded the B-61 10 Nuclear Bomb. The addon has an American B-61 Bomb with 2 A-10s either Free-Fall or IR Guided. The bomb itself is seperate from the A-10 and can be detonated by planting a Satchel Charge next to it and setting the timer. It's a pretty good addon for a terrorist mission. The ability for the good guys to disarm the bomb is even better because you have a time limit to find the bomb and disarm it before it explodes. I usually set the satchel for 600 seconds, giving you 10 minutes of adrenaline pumping chaos before the big boom.  

I think I downloaded it from ATWAR but I'll search around.