Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Spetnaz entrenchment  (Read 744 times)

Mark McGrath

Spetnaz entrenchment
« on: 25 Oct 2003, 07:04:51 »
Ok heres a little idea for you.  I think I can get the info on how long it take for the average spetsnaz to dig certian fighting postions.  One is like a ranger grave.  and it will keep you from getting killed by a tank running over it about 50% of the time nad takes no time at all to make.  Also slows down getting nailed by a bullet:)  I saw RONI was working on the dig program might be interesting to add it in since that is a big part of the Spetsnaz training.  Not that they use it lots but hey.

Offline wired

• Members
  • Explosion Scripter for the [unsung] mod!!!
Re:Spetnaz entrenchment
« Reply #1 on: 28 Oct 2003, 20:51:20 »
well i ent no expert at scripting or out but it is easy to make a script so in the game u click on the option you hav chosen e.g. "Dig foxhole" then after a certain time only the players head is visable above the surface or sumthing. when it is activated, you might also want to make the player a captive (player setcaptive true) so he is kinda almost camoflaged or sumthing. i dont know about how to make him survive a tank runnin over him but the rest is basic. i dont know if this is any help but i though that i might as well say it incase it is. sorry if this mesage is a waste of time but i was only trying to help!  :)
We have a problem at 'Oscar-Charlie 2-7' do you read me? Well its that guy with the RPG!

m21man

« Reply #2 on: 28 Oct 2003, 21:39:37 »
Doesn't OFP prevent you from firing when you're below a certain level, or is that just when you're below sea level?

Maybe a better idea would be an object (maybe called "Spetznatz Trench") that you could deploy in front of you. Then you could get have an action to get in ("Get in Spetznatz Trench ride in back").
« Last Edit: 28 Oct 2003, 21:43:04 by m21man »

Mark McGrath

« Reply #3 on: 29 Oct 2003, 02:09:50 »
Hmm now thats a interesting concept.  I think that would work.  Hell dig your hole and you can come back.  I hope OFP2 lets you modify the ground.  We take are 10k AT's (big ass forklifts with tires the size of a person) and dig are own trenches with them.  When we do mock attacks its so easy to whack the opsing forces:).

Offline wired

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 30 Oct 2003, 21:16:10 »
if you would like my script just ask. theres still a few bugs to kill, like you cant stay under the ground for long but i think thats the ofp engine. You cant fire under the ground cos when u do you come back up to the top. if u want i'll tweak it so your only 1/2 under or 3/4. just ask. You might need Gunslingers editer upgrade but if you dont hav it i'll change it.

Wired                                ;D ;D ;D
We have a problem at 'Oscar-Charlie 2-7' do you read me? Well its that guy with the RPG!

Offline wired

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 02 Nov 2003, 15:15:03 »
ive tweaked it now so you can stay under ground for as long as you like but you still cant fire im afraid.

IM TRYING TO GET THIS STUPID SCRIPT TO WORK BUT ITS HARDER THAN I THOUGHT!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(