Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: speed  (Read 1155 times)

MattE

speed
« on: 02 Feb 2004, 05:35:52 »
I konw this isn't the correct place to post this but I don't know where else to.

Today I bought The Game of The Year edition of ofp with the original, red hammer and res 1.81 I think. Installed everything started playing, works well, however it did seem a bit slow or laggy. Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

I am using a - I think
- AMD Athlon 750MHz Processor
- 128MB 100MHz SDRAM
- 20.64 Ultra DMA ATA-66 hard drive
- 32-4-4 Multiread HP CDRW drive
- nVidia Riva TNT2PRO AGP card with 16MB SDRAM video memory

Now I have no idea what all that means so I hope you do.

Cheers

Offline Chris Death

• Former Staff
  • Finally Death's gonna get ya
    • OFPEC
Re:speed
« Reply #1 on: 02 Feb 2004, 05:44:28 »
ouch - now that's what i would call a low end system these
days.

First off: you were right that this ain't the place to post such
questions - i'm sure a mod will tell you that too, and for the
reason that you already knew that this won't make the mod
any happier  ::)

Second: as you would have to upgrade everything inside
your pc to get that thingy a bit more playable (still laggy)

i can only recommend you to buy a new pc

~S~ CD
Dont argue with idiots....they will bring you down to their level and beat you there with experience.

How to use Waypoint type Scripted

_hammy_

« Reply #2 on: 02 Feb 2004, 06:11:53 »
even tho this is offtopic...
his system isn't that low end, i used to have a 200mhz less than 5 months ago.

Just turn your graphic settings really low, if it is still laggy, turn the settings all the way down.
You can also adjust settings by clicking on Flashpoint Preferences in the Start menu item thingy for ofp.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #3 on: 02 Feb 2004, 11:51:57 »
I completed the Resistance campaign on my old PII 400.   All the settings were turned pretty much down to mimium and it wasn't especially pretty .... occasionally I even had to find a good spot, pause the game, put the viewdistance up so I could have a look around and then put the viewdistance back down so I could keep playing.

Your setup should be sufficient, but you will have to play with the Options a bit.

OFPEC is strictly an editing site so we don't do general technical support like this.... but we like to try and help people in that brief interval before the thread is locked.
  The best place for your question is over at the Official forums www.flashpoint1985.com.    A moderator will be along soon to lock this thread.  Even better lock it yourself by clicking the green solve button.

Welcome to the magical world of OFP!   You'll be back here soon with mission editing questions, I guarantee it.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline Sefe

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 02 Feb 2004, 11:55:00 »
Nothing more to say. This question is off topic and has to be locked. Please use the official forums for technical support.

Topic locked.