Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Hey Comrades - WWI-WWII Period Russian Weapons  (Read 1931 times)

Frosty

Hey Comrades - WWI-WWII Period Russian Weapons
« on: 11 Sep 2002, 06:36:01 »
A-hem, well your little news monkey has brought you some news. Over at http://colonialwarmod.no.sapo.pt/ they have some russian weapons. Yes, they have not released it yet but it is in the works. All we need are the uniforms and some tanks (Stalin tank - T34) and we can battle in the East for Kursk and Stalingrad and everything  ;D

PPSh  (Pah-pah-Sha)

Mosin Nagant (Pah-pah-Sha)

Siminov SKS Carbine

NoRSu

Re:Hey Comrades - WWI-WWII Period Russian Weapons
« Reply #1 on: 11 Sep 2002, 13:56:35 »

[attachment deleted by admin]

Raiden

« Reply #2 on: 13 Sep 2002, 23:53:12 »
Sweet NoRSu whens the release date gunna be

Frosty

« Reply #3 on: 22 Sep 2002, 03:23:28 »
Ahh, comrades, an important update. The Colonial Wars MOD have released their WW1-WW2 era Russian Weapons. Get them know before Winter sets in!
They are over at:http://colonialwarmod.no.sapo.pt/news.htm

C598

« Reply #4 on: 23 Sep 2002, 01:24:06 »
**Complaint**
1.The Nagant has a 5 round magazine, not a 20 round.
2.The Nagant is a bolt-action rifle, not semi-auto.
3.The SKS seems to have a slower rate of fire than the Nagant.
4.The Nagant has a MUCH louder sound than that.
5.The Semi-Auto fire is slow. You should be able to fire as fast as you can pull the trigger/press the mouse button.
6.The textures on the SKS and Nagant seem to be pictures. They don't fit with the model and they don't fit ingame.
**End Complaint**
Hate to be so mean but I own a Nagant. It seems that you lacked any information in the readme for it as well. I also own an SKS.

The PPsh 41 seems correct.

Frosty

« Reply #5 on: 30 Sep 2002, 06:45:03 »
Uhh, well dont complain to me man, I didn't make them. All you have to do is change the config to fix all that. Still, the models are good.

Offline ebud

• Members
  • What me worry?
« Reply #6 on: 30 Sep 2002, 22:50:41 »
If I remeber rightly, they really need some LODs... the models seem to be pretty high poly count, so some serious levels are needed.
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
Jack Handey

Frosty

« Reply #7 on: 01 Oct 2002, 01:44:07 »
Uh, well maybe I can edit all that stuff and release them and make them all good but theres one problem: I didn't make them. Hey, do you reckon the team would let me edit them and fix the LODs and then rerelease them?

Offline ebud

• Members
  • What me worry?
« Reply #8 on: 02 Oct 2002, 19:40:23 »
Frosty

No one is complaining to you directly, just in general. Why not ask them if you can do that. I would have thought that they would look here to see some comments... since this IS the defacto editing site.

Maybe they did and are fixing them now.

Ask them and see.
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
Jack Handey

Frosty

« Reply #9 on: 03 Oct 2002, 13:04:53 »
I know, I was just sayin, dont wanna take credit for other peoples work or whatever ;)