Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Winter Nogova  (Read 4400 times)

m21man

Winter Nogova
« on: 02 Oct 2003, 21:49:46 »
Has anybody started work on a Winter Nogova map? It'd very cool, and definitely worth making.

On a side note: I understand that BIS doesn't want Nogova in any form falling into the grimy little paws of non-resistance users, so this map would have to rely on the stuff BIS added in 1.75 (Buildings, maybe?).

Homefry31464

Re:Winter Nogova
« Reply #1 on: 02 Oct 2003, 22:43:13 »
I'd like this.  It's a good island to begin with, and would be nice it it was done well.  If it was just half-done and used rouge textures, it would be bad.  The problem lies in the fact that there are no official addons in winter camo, so everything would have to be user made.  There are litteraly no high-quality special operations units in winter camo that I know of.  Download Winter Ne.....(cant remember the name [resistance version of winter kovejov{darn island names}]).

Black Fox

« Reply #2 on: 03 Oct 2003, 00:32:50 »
It's Winter Nogojev by Kegetys. It's Kolgujev with Nogova textures, and it comes with a bunch of winter units and vehicles.

Homefry31464

« Reply #3 on: 03 Oct 2003, 01:19:19 »
Yes, that darn word, it's hard to remember how to spell it.  

Offline SickSidewinder

• Members
  • I hump llamas
    • My New Site
« Reply #4 on: 03 Oct 2003, 04:14:04 »
he didn't say nogjev, he said nogova, a winter nogova would be very cool (for arctic units u could just use kegetys').  and yes, those cheap cwc bastards need to upgrade, there r never enough people on game spy
My site
call Marge.
Re: Horror

m21man

« Reply #5 on: 04 Oct 2003, 16:17:57 »
SickSidewinder, I think he was talking about the units in the Winter Nogojev pack being used in the Winter Nogova map.

And while I never have even seen an OFP multiplayer game due to my 56k ( :'( :'( :'( ) , I would definitely agree with calling CWC players "cheap bastards". I mean, what does Resistance cost nowadays? I purchased my copy for $15 at a store that usually overcharges ;D . ? It's an amazing expansion on one nice, little disc. And to ramble on about discs, do you still need to use your disc to start Resistance? For whatever reason, my computer became possessed after the 1.92 Beta (I think it was this one that did it ::) ) , and it no longer requires the disc to play Resistance  ;D ;) :D :P 8) :o .
« Last Edit: 04 Oct 2003, 16:18:30 by m21man »

Homefry31464

« Reply #6 on: 04 Oct 2003, 18:42:18 »
Yes, thats what I meant, along with the textures if you could get permission to use them.  The SwissMOD is making winter versions of all their vehicles, so those could also be used.

P.S.-Really, I'll have to check the no-disc thing.
« Last Edit: 04 Oct 2003, 20:12:00 by Homefry »

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #7 on: 04 Oct 2003, 19:52:59 »
yeah the no disc thing works

GRR after scouring the UK for a resistance CD so i could play it (and having to buy the GOTY version) BIS release a patch that you dont need a disc, typical of my luck lol

Kaliyuga

« Reply #8 on: 04 Oct 2003, 20:24:52 »
 I'm sure it will be fixed when the final 1.92 is released guys... ;)

it has to do with the fact that it doesn't over write your existing .exe file but when the final  is released I'm sure it will replace your 1.91 .exe file

bigdog632

« Reply #9 on: 04 Oct 2003, 20:41:08 »
they have a 1.93 out now i dont know all the difference and i dont think it is a public release
but a friend of mine got it from them for network problems it has a netlogger deal built into it

m21man

« Reply #10 on: 04 Oct 2003, 23:41:53 »
This is going way off the topic.

KyleSarnik

« Reply #11 on: 04 Oct 2003, 23:43:02 »
lol

Josef

« Reply #12 on: 09 Oct 2003, 21:35:30 »
So, whos gonna make winter Nogovo?

MuSe

« Reply #13 on: 13 Oct 2003, 13:33:25 »
You can't modify Nogova. I've tried myself but because it's a different version WRP won't load it even if you change the cpp file.

m21man

« Reply #14 on: 14 Oct 2003, 01:05:23 »
You can't modify Nogova. I've tried myself but because it's a different version WRP won't load it even if you change the cpp file.

Where there's a will, there's a way ;D .