Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Fliper's M4 Carbine  (Read 10315 times)

Offline madmedic

• Members
  • You can run.....But you'll just die tired.
Re:Fliper's M4 Carbine
« Reply #15 on: 25 Aug 2002, 22:01:36 »
okay,....whats the deal, I tried to post pics of the rifle from different angles, but I could only get one to show up  >:(
« Last Edit: 25 Aug 2002, 22:03:21 by madmedic »

SEAL84

« Reply #16 on: 25 Aug 2002, 22:21:12 »
No matter, MadMedic, because there is no left-side ejection port on any American rifle.  None.  That's why the shell casings are kicked out the right side.

If you're a left-handed shot, there's a special M16 attachment that will use a small tube to spit the shells in a different direction so you don't burn yourself (info given to me by a former member of the US Army who had extensive training with all kinds of weapons, large and small).

Offline madmedic

• Members
« Reply #17 on: 25 Aug 2002, 22:39:25 »
No matter, MadMedic, because there is no left-side ejection port on any American rifle.  None.  That's why the shell casings are kicked out the right side.

If you're a left-handed shot, there's a special M16 attachment that will use a small tube to spit the shells in a different direction so you don't burn yourself (info given to me by a former member of the US Army who had extensive training with all kinds of weapons, large and small).
Actually...in the civillian market, you CAN get an AR15/M16 upper reciever with a proper LEFT sided ejection port (also requires left handed bolt and bolt carrier)...but they are not (as far as I know) used by the military.

All M16s other than the original A1 model from Viet Nam have a shell deflector (which you would see on my rifle, if it would have let me post a pic of the RIGHT side)...It is a "lump" right behind the ejection port, the spent casings bounce off of it, and are deflected to the right...(without it they have a tendency to eject to the right rear, and can go down your shirt (particularly if you are left handed  ;D)

SEAL84

« Reply #18 on: 25 Aug 2002, 23:30:08 »
Alright, I'll give you the left-handed civvie rifles, but my point was military rifles.  ;D

So....in the US military, there are no left-hand ejection ports.  :thumbsup:

Offline madmedic

• Members
« Reply #19 on: 25 Aug 2002, 23:56:02 »

And it is a fact that muzzle flashes are very rare.
Not nearly every shot fired produces a muzzle flash.
It has to do with gunpowder residues in the barrel of the gun. Those are ignited and sends out a muzzle flash.
It's different for different weapons, but since OFP is either all or nothing (Muzzle flash all the time, or no muzzle flash at all) my suggestion is no muzzle flash at all.

The reason you see huge muzzle flashes in the movies is because of the blank shots they use.

Umm...actually...EVERY round fired DOES produce a muzzle flash,...but you can NOT SEE muzzle flash in daylight. It pretty much only shows up in the dark. (I dont think that is possible in OFP)
Muzzle flash has nothing to do with powder residue in the bore. When a round is fired, the powder in the casing does not "explode"...it burns rapidly, causing gasses to expand, and push the projectile along down the bore. When the bullet leaves the muzzle, it is followed by the gasses that are pushing it (which are still burning) hence producing flash.
Pretty much all modern military ball powder has "flash retardants" added
And "movie" ammo has things added to increase flash (for dramatic effect)

ANYWAY as you stated, in OFP it is either all, or none when it comes to muzzle flash...If you take it away during the day, you wont have it at night (which would be even more un-realistic)...so it is probably best left alone  :)

FlipeR

« Reply #20 on: 26 Aug 2002, 12:30:05 »
madmedic: I answered you by IM!

I will leave the muzzle flash as it is, because, as madmedic said, it would be even more unrealistic not to have it!

FlipeR

Chomps

« Reply #21 on: 26 Aug 2002, 18:45:03 »
Chomps: I have a text, describing actual firing of an M4 with a tactical m4 supressor mounted and there was stated that the muzzle flash was either very small or almost invisible! And thats how I made it on my M4A1s!

That is what I figured.  For some reason, when I use them in the game, the supressed M4A1 has the same size muzzle flash as the unsupressed.

FlipeR

« Reply #22 on: 27 Aug 2002, 13:36:08 »
Emm...NO WAY? I mean - if you have the version 2.0, then all the SD versions should have a smaller muzzle flash!

FlipeR

Chomps

« Reply #23 on: 30 Aug 2002, 02:26:26 »

[attachment deleted by admin]

FlipeR

« Reply #24 on: 30 Aug 2002, 03:05:07 »

[attachment deleted by admin]

Chomps

« Reply #25 on: 30 Aug 2002, 03:14:33 »
I checked the readme and everything.  The M4s with grenade launchers have the extra detail around the sights, which I believe was only added in version 2.0.  Also, the sounds of the silenced versions are very, very quiet, as was stated in the readme.

I have the version 2.0 pack for Resistance, and I am running Resistance.

I suspect it could be my graphics settings.

By the way, the way it is supposed to be looks really sweet!  ;D

FlipeR

« Reply #26 on: 30 Aug 2002, 13:28:39 »
By the way, the way it is supposed to be looks really sweet!  ;D

Must be my graphic settings ;D ;D

FlipeR

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #27 on: 31 Aug 2002, 05:32:32 »
Hey FlipeR, I have a Request, in your next Reallease can you add in the Config.cpp an Officer with the M4A1? I'd do it my self but I'm no good, when I write a Config File it says not found and Crashes, and you seem to be one of the Best!

Chomps

« Reply #28 on: 31 Aug 2002, 06:11:09 »
Hey FlipeR, I have a Request, in your next Reallease can you add in the Config.cpp an Officer with the M4A1? I'd do it my self but I'm no good, when I write a Config File it says not found and Crashes, and you seem to be one of the Best!

What is wrong with just removing an officer's weapons and adding the M4 with the init field?

Offline madmedic

• Members
« Reply #29 on: 31 Aug 2002, 09:32:52 »
heck,...Ive adjusted the config on almost all of my addon units.
Pretty much all of the American soldiers are now equipped with Flipers M4s ;D  including the Marines by Fransen, the SEB Delta Force, Skavens  75th Rangers, SEB Rangers ect. ect.

I have also equipped some of the East units with AK47s that are more realistic in the accuracy department than the "sniper" AK47 provided by BIS ::)