Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: F-22 Raptor?  (Read 2786 times)

Dubieman

Re:F-22 Raptor?
« Reply #15 on: 14 Mar 2004, 02:23:42 »
cHRIST i'M NOT A SUCKY PILOT, JUST i DON'T PREFER HAVING TO GO AROUND nOGOVO OR mALDEN TO FIND MY TARGET AGAIN, (Whoops cap lock was on) :D

Anyways I can see practical use for F22s in OFp2 but not in OFP1 on some small islands near Russia where a desolote NATO outpost is. Actually don't listen to my ramblings, you guys want the kick ass jet and I'm going for realism in missions and such. :o I like storylines and such so that's just me.

(Just to get off topic.) I can control aircraft at low speeds and actually I wanna versus any of you guys if ya set it up, just to test your "skilz". In a week or two cause I'm laid up in a cast and can't use a mouse or keyboard well. :P

Cheers :cheers:

Srry for coming on so strong but you just don't brag like thatI would lke to challenge those bad ass pilots though....
« Last Edit: 14 Mar 2004, 02:41:28 by GuiltyRoachKilla »

Coldfire

« Reply #16 on: 14 Mar 2004, 07:43:49 »
Sorry to dissapiont you, but my net connection is terrible so i wont be able to show you my skills as a pilot... Besides, Im a better helicopter pilot than I am a fighter pilot.

Anyway, what I want is a F-22 for a specific campaing im trying to make. I'm trying to make a campaing set in the near future, about a series of peace-keeping missions in which somthing goes wrong. I already have the Commanche, OICW, and most of the other high-tech weapons and vehichals needed.

calm_terror

« Reply #17 on: 14 Mar 2004, 10:55:58 »
might I point out that the f-22 is a VTOL..
meaning you could stop it mid air and hover.
like the harrier. or that russian one..

Ball Zack

« Reply #18 on: 14 Mar 2004, 20:33:34 »
NNOOOO!!!!  The F-22 is NOT VTOL (Vertical Take Off and Landing).  It does have thrust vectoring but this is only to assist low speed handling.  It still needs a runway to takeoff and land.  The new F-35 Joint Strike Fighter will be made in a VTOL version to replace the Marine Corp and RAF Harrier, but the F-22 will not be made in a VTOL version.

And like I said the RAH-66 Commanche program was cancelled, so you should forget about using this aircraft in your missions if you want to be realistic.  And the OICW may get the axe too....  I guess our congress men would rather we blow all of our budget on wellfare for illegal immigrants then update the weapons our troops have been using for the past 30 years....
« Last Edit: 14 Mar 2004, 20:36:00 by Ball Zack »

Coldfire

« Reply #19 on: 14 Mar 2004, 20:48:28 »
I am well aware that the Commanche Project was cancelled, i didn't say that it was going to be the main helicopter of my Campain, did I? No, that is still going to be the AH-64 Apache, the Commanche only appears in one or two missions and plays a important role in the plot... But im not going to spoil that for you, If I ever manage to finish the campaing I'll post it on the net so you can download it and find out more.

But I wont be able to finish it until I have a F-22 Raptor, again I ask can anyone send me a link or somthing where I could download it?

Offline SEAL84

• Members
  • Always lurking
« Reply #20 on: 15 Mar 2004, 03:27:46 »
ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/QKG_F22.zip

Coldfire

« Reply #21 on: 15 Mar 2004, 06:55:13 »
Thanks! It's not the best addon in the world but it will do for my campain.

And by the way, Ball Zack, I myself being Canadian and living in a country where some of our military equipment is over 50 years old I have a serious problem with your last statment. I personally think that Health Care is much more important than replacing old weapons, I'd rather see lives saved than lives taken. No matter how someone dies, wether they are victems of war or because there were not enough doctors for everyone, somone loses a child, a parent, a sibling, or a friend. You may want to think about that next time you complain about the lack of Millitary funding...