Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: two quick questions...  (Read 998 times)

futurehornetdriver

two quick questions...
« on: 01 Oct 2002, 21:22:31 »
Sup guys..I've got two questions what is the command needed to enable the GPS in missions so you can navigate with the map and the last question..how do you tag an object so it shows up in your debriefings...like when the objective is to destroy a certain object...thanks in advance...

Bronski

Re:two quick questions...
« Reply #1 on: 01 Oct 2002, 21:58:59 »
As for the GPS, go to the Editor's Depot and look under OFP File Formats and find "Description.ext File Description".  That will let you know about all that fun stuff.

I'm not sure what you are asking about on the second thing.  Sounds like you could find something out about that in the same section.

Chris IX

« Reply #2 on: 01 Oct 2002, 22:07:35 »
Maybe he means so that an objective actually has a little cross or green thing (can remember what it is) next to it when you screw it up or complete it.

Offline icarus_uk

• Members
  • LiarLiarPants Inflame True
    • [furryclan]
« Reply #3 on: 01 Oct 2002, 22:23:42 »
I dont think you can make a unit show up on the map at the start (I may be wrong).  You can always use a marker to show its location though.

futurehornetdriver

« Reply #4 on: 02 Oct 2002, 01:58:31 »
yeah Chris, thas what I'm talkin bout the the red x's for failed and I think their green checks for completed...like if you objective is to destroy something...on the debrief it has a green check next to that objective....

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #5 on: 02 Oct 2002, 04:34:29 »
Check out snYpir's excellent "How to use objectives and init.sqs" in the Editors' Depot ... tell you all you need to know.

If I remember rightly the key points are

"1" Objstatus "done"
"1" Objstatus "failed"

but don't quote me.     These lines would go in the activation field of a trigger, the condition field of which would relate to the objective.      So if the objective was to destroy a tank called goodnightVienna then in the condition field you would put

not (alive goodnightVienna)

Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play