Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: URGENT! NEED HELP!  (Read 516 times)

fragsta

URGENT! NEED HELP!
« on: 23 Sep 2003, 19:01:48 »
ok...i have a problem....I hadnt played ofp 4 a couple of weeks. In these two weeks i installed new drivers for my radeon 9600, and direct x 9
i have a 1gb ram and 2.66ghz processor. I usually put ofp graphics to almost full and highest res. it looks great, and it's smooth. but suddenly, when i played it again, its all jerky! NOOOOOOO! What happened? Help!

mikeb

Re:URGENT! NEED HELP!
« Reply #1 on: 23 Sep 2003, 19:07:24 »
OK don't panic!!!

This is of course not an editing question blah blah blah - go to the official forums at BIS.

HOWEVER, I hate to see someone in trouble.  I upgraded my videocard to a radeon 9700 and had the problem that all the ground textures flicker badly.  This problem and others was solved by getting an official radeon patch of the website.

If that doesn't work and you've got XP then there's this weird video type thing (technical) that microsoft have stopped including in their packages that is required for most modern games to work effectively.  

Sorry for the lack of technical expertise.  best go to the official forums of BIS and RADEON.  My main aim hjere was to tell you it CAN be fixed as i had a similar problem.

Good luck and RELAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXXXX!!!    8)

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #2 on: 23 Sep 2003, 20:11:35 »
I also had this problem with flickering textures. Then I went over to the Avon Lady's and found out that OFP doesn't support Nvida cards with 16x color. Try 32x color instead.

Drozdov

« Reply #3 on: 23 Sep 2003, 20:13:03 »
In these two weeks i installed new drivers for my radeon 9600, and direct x 9
i have a 1gb ram and 2.66ghz processor

I'd kill for that computer :gunman:

Well, almost. 2.66 ghz is only good, not brilliant... not worth killing for. I have 450mhz! And you think you have problems? Even on fairly low graphic settings my computer runs Nogova jerkily.

m21man

« Reply #4 on: 23 Sep 2003, 20:31:21 »
I used to have a 400MHz until a few weeks ago ;D, now I've got a 3.2GHz with 1gb RAM. Of course, 'cuz I got a 128 MB Radeon 9800 Pro on the new comp, I could only run OFP when BIS released the 1.92 beta...poor me :P :P.
« Last Edit: 23 Sep 2003, 20:31:57 by m21man »

Kaliyuga

« Reply #5 on: 23 Sep 2003, 20:38:56 »
off-topic

This is of course not an editing question

#topic locked#