Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: multiplayer export drops files  (Read 935 times)

Offline sbsmac

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
multiplayer export drops files
« on: 30 Aug 2003, 13:31:30 »
I'm having a strange problem where when I export an SP mission to multi-player, only the mission.sqm file gets dropped in the final pbo.  I'm guessing this is because the pbo-packer doesn't like something about one of my script files but the strange thing is that the mission runs fine in SP.  Has anyone seen anything similar and can offer any clues ?

Thanks,
    neil  

Offline sbsmac

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Re:multiplayer export drops files
« Reply #1 on: 30 Aug 2003, 15:08:27 »
Hmm = think I have found the problem.  When you load a mission in the editor and then save it under a different name a new directory is created in your user/.../missions directory to hold the new version of the mission.  The pbo-packer then operates on this new version to produce the pbo that gets dropped into your MPMissions dir.  It appears that only the mission.sqm file is copied across to the new version. If you keep the original name of the mission when you save it, all files are already present in the missions directory and get packed properly into the pbo.

BTW, if you were wondering why I was changing the name of the mission, it was because I am fiddling with a mission that requires respawn to test.  That means running the mission in multiplayer mode and because OFP doesn't seem to release the file-lock on a mission file after you have finished playing it, I have to keep saving new versions to different names :-(
« Last Edit: 30 Aug 2003, 15:08:59 by sbsmac »