Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Pointless ideas  (Read 678 times)

fragsta

Pointless ideas
« on: 24 Aug 2003, 15:11:40 »
I know it may sound like I'm having a rant, but I'd like to share my view about this topic. That's what forums are for

It occured to me today that people are taking advantage, in a way of the ability of OFP to create almost anything and put it in to the game. It's all fine and dandy to creat addons and mods that are based on movies or a previous war or something, or even your favourite tv show, or something you made up yourself. But I noticed that some people have decided that they want to create a mod based on another game! I ask now, what is the point of that? If you want to play that game....then....play it! For example:

http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=12;action=display;threadid=12503

Why create a mod for LotR if  you can go out and buy one of the the Three games that are available?

Well, just wanted to put my view forward...arguments for or against, anyone?

(no offence maatz)
« Last Edit: 24 Aug 2003, 15:16:27 by fragsta »

PunkerSXDX

Re:Pointless ideas
« Reply #1 on: 27 Aug 2003, 05:32:36 »
I'm gonna make an OFP v.1.46 mod, for resistance, so you can play v.1.46 on 1.90 I was gonna make it for 1.75 and 1.85 but I couldn't due to game engine problems  ;D

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 27 Aug 2003, 10:44:01 »
The reason people want to make mods in the OFP engine is that it allows for very much and is a very nice engine.
OFP has open landscapes and addons along with scripts can modify just about anything we can see and touch in the game.

That said this thread is in danger of going very off-topic, so I suggest that anyone who posts in it stay very close to the subject at hand, which is 'Why do we like to make mods for OFP' and nothing else.

Have a good day now, y'hear.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

fragsta

« Reply #3 on: 28 Aug 2003, 13:18:23 »
Yeah, but what if they were creating a level which was an exact duplicate of a level in a game. I feel that the OFP engine is the way it is so that we can dazzle people with new, interesting levels and mods each time, to keep it going for a long time....eventually it will run out though....like the simpsons...

Schlicki

« Reply #4 on: 04 Sep 2003, 17:08:03 »
But then there's OFP2 and a whole bunch of new stuff we can do!!