Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Order a chopper to destroy an empty target  (Read 1396 times)

GrimMonkey

Re:Order a chopper to destroy an empty target
« Reply #15 on: 22 Aug 2003, 19:43:12 »
True, but you also can put an empty shilka and have a guy and set him as commander for shilka. Again, set fuel and ammo to 0 just in case :P. He should show up on the apache's radar and be considered a threat. But the Shilka won't be able to do jack. :)

KyleSarnik

« Reply #16 on: 22 Aug 2003, 19:52:06 »
I condsider that a waste of time... lol not that it matters... but that works to.. I think...

GrimMonkey

« Reply #17 on: 22 Aug 2003, 20:19:48 »
Actually, naming objects and using the moveincargo technique isn't as bad as most assume. Sure, it's tedious when dealing with larger groups but there are those group movein scripts...

Ace Productions

« Reply #18 on: 25 Aug 2003, 08:51:19 »
GrimMonkey can you explain to me how to apply this group movein command? Let's say I have units SS1,SS2,SS3,SS4,SS5 and I want all of them to move in a truck as cargo. Please start from scratch cause I have no clue of this procedure.

Thanks in advance.  :)  

GrimMonkey

« Reply #19 on: 25 Aug 2003, 16:20:50 »
Sorry, but I really don't know  :-\ but I'm sure a lot other people do. In fact, I wanted to find out for myself what the script is. What I wrote was just for the general idea of the group move in scripts. I have one line but it does not work.  :(

deaddog

« Reply #20 on: 25 Aug 2003, 16:34:53 »
Just do what KyleSarnik said.  Use a manned shilka with no ammo/fuel.  Why waste time placing an empty vehicle and then moving guys into it?

But to answer the movincargo question:

{_x moveincargo vehiclename} foreach (units groupname)

or, if you want to use individually named units:

{_x moveincargo vehiclename} foreach [SS1,SS2,SS3,SS4,SS5] (in your case)

As you can see, it's a lot easier if they are in the same group.

Ace Productions

« Reply #21 on: 26 Aug 2003, 08:20:06 »
Deaddog thanks for the reply which for sure will save me a lot of time. Can you please tell me how do you group units that are not already a group in the editor. If you have units SS1,SS2... how do you group them and how do you name the group so you can execute the command you taught me in the previous message? Bare in mind I used the join command before and I had problems when I was ordering the units to return to formation (it was saying All follow 2 or 3 etc).