Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: stop units from getting out?  (Read 462 times)

Agent Fire

stop units from getting out?
« on: 18 Aug 2003, 19:34:12 »
does anybody know how I could stop my soldiers from being able to disembark from the vehicle they are in?  :joystick:

Offline Killswitch

• Members
  • Peace, cheese and ArmA
Re:stop units from getting out?
« Reply #1 on: 18 Aug 2003, 19:45:43 »
Not sure if it works but try the lock command. Like so:

Code: [Select]
nameofvehicle lock true

Where "nameofvehicle" obviously means the name of some vehicle from which you'd like to disable disembarking.

Note: this also locks the vehicle "from the outside", so don't lock it until they're all inside.

Agent Fire

« Reply #2 on: 18 Aug 2003, 20:18:29 »
unfortunately it didn't work but nice try ;)

Iwesshome

« Reply #3 on: 18 Aug 2003, 20:23:03 »
What do you mean... When they come under fire? Can you provide a little more info so we know what's going on and can help you accordingly?

Agent Fire

« Reply #4 on: 18 Aug 2003, 20:52:44 »
OK i've got a few jeeps + mguns and when they come under fire, rather than keep going, they often just jump out and go on foot... and as far as I know the jeep doesn't have to be damaged or stuck

Drozdov

« Reply #5 on: 18 Aug 2003, 22:14:20 »
Do you want them to use the Jeep's machine gun or just want them to ignore the enemy? If you wish them to ignore the enemy then try setting their behaviour to "careless" (although this is not foolproof). If you wish to keep them in the jeep and engage the enemy, then the only command that looks like it would work is the lock command, which apparenntly doesn't. :hmm:

CrashnBurn

« Reply #6 on: 18 Aug 2003, 22:30:02 »
They jump out and proceed on foot when the jeep is damaged. The jeep can only take a tiny amount of dammage before it's disabled. A few shots from almost any gun will render it undriveable.

To help it, you could use a repeating trigger with the condition-

getdammage jeepname > 0.1 && canmove jeepname

on activation-
jeepname setdammage 0

This will help protect it from small arms fire, but anything big is gonna smash it.
« Last Edit: 18 Aug 2003, 22:30:39 by CrashnBurn »