Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: heli transport  (Read 357 times)

PimpD

heli transport
« on: 16 Aug 2003, 21:46:42 »
( Pick up ) ---------------------------------------------- > ( drop )
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
(Heli)

Ok Not sure if everyone see what ive made but I'll try explain.

My heli starts 550m away from my squad, I want it to fly to the squad pick it up and then continue with the squad to a drop zone.

But when I make the waypoints it starts and it flys to the squad but it dont land and pick it up, it says there for 3-5 secs and then continue to the drop zone without the squad.

Please help, what do I need to do make it pick up the squad :/

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
Re:heli transport
« Reply #1 on: 16 Aug 2003, 22:02:36 »
erm well in a trigger put in the on activation box

heli land "LAND"

whee heli is the name of the helicopter, and have it activated by whatever side the helo is on and put it on ur waypoint

PimpD

« Reply #2 on: 16 Aug 2003, 22:10:14 »
so I just put "LAND" in the activation box and it shud land? :)

Kaliyuga

« Reply #3 on: 16 Aug 2003, 23:51:24 »
it's a little more complicated than that .....

you'll want to give your helicopter a "load" waypoint and your troops a "get in" waypoint...  and then hit F5 and synch them together by dragging a line from one to the other..  like when you make a group of guys...

and then have the helicopters next waypoint be a "transport unload" and the troops waypoint be a "get out" one.. and then also synch them together...  

if you are the leader of the group you will have to tell your squad members to get in and out of the chopper for this to work.. if you're not in charge everything will work fine...

you should be able to give the helicopter another waypoint after its transport unload one and it should take off after it drops everyone off...

:cheers: