Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: 2 BAS Heli questions  (Read 812 times)

Mr.BoDean

2 BAS Heli questions
« on: 12 Aug 2003, 07:39:07 »
   I DL'd and installed the new BAS MH60's but it rendered my game unbootable so I had to remove the bas_mah60.pbo...    :-\   BUT:

1. The new helis come with new soar.pbo and soar 185.pbo files as well as soarpilots.pbo  .   Since I already had a mission with Littlebirds , the pilots are still there but now in different uniforms.  :o   :-\  I prefer the old camo Delta version  :) to the drab green (even with the NV Goggles)  ::) . Anyone know how/ where I would change the pilot/gunner info? In the mission.sqm or in the unit's init. field?   ???     :-X

From the BAS readme:
ADDED UNITS:
Woodland Pilot (MP5):    -Classname: bassoarpilot (the pilot from SOAR v1)

Woodland Pilot:      -Classname: bassoarpilotw (new)
Woodland Crew:       -Classname: bassoarcreww (new)
Desert Pilot:          -Classname: bassoarpilotd (new)
Desert Crew:       -Classname: bassoarcrewd (new)

I am using a West side MH6 with this in init.:

PMH6 = driver MH6; GMH6 = gunner MH6

2.) Anyone else having the incompatibility problem with new BlackHawks?    :-X

mr.sert

Re:2 BAS Heli questions
« Reply #1 on: 13 Aug 2003, 09:25:34 »
Not too sure on the first one. However if you want the old soar pilots back, try downloading the MH6's again and just put it's contents into your addon folder. This should overwrite your current pbo's. I dont think that the MH6 download has been updated with the current soar pilots. However I could be wrong. I tried to attatch the soar pbo's you need from my original MH6 download but it said the pbo was too big. If you cant find it, feel free to email me at jvoiss@comcast.net and I will send them to you. If you replace the pbo's and the new soar's are still there try deleting the soarpilots.pbo, not sure whats in there. But that may be where the new pilots are located....Good luck

- Mr. Sert

Mr.BoDean

« Reply #2 on: 13 Aug 2003, 12:32:38 »
Ya thanx, Mr. Sert ...pretty sure the new pilots (that affect my old MH6) are in either soarpilots or soar.pbo's . Problem is .... if and when I ever get the Mah60 BlackHawks working, I will need the new .pbo's , so I was looking for a workaround . Thx, I do still have copies of the original LittleBirds (AH6/MH6) Downloads for both 1.46 and 1.85.  :)

No one else having problems with the new BlackHawks?  :o   :o :-X   :-X   :-\   :-\   :-\   Just me?  ::)   ::)

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #3 on: 13 Aug 2003, 13:40:36 »
i am, they are just too damn good, i want to shoot them down......but i cant lol

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #4 on: 14 Aug 2003, 00:31:17 »
  I DL'd and installed the new BAS MH60's ... I prefer the old camo Delta

... Anyone know how/ where I would change the pilot/gunner info?

??? what's yer probby, mate?  :D as far as I know, there's a "CREW" unit in that pack, so why not just place an empty bird on the map and "MoveInDriver/Gunner" two delta_camo_crew units?!  :-*

Mr.BoDean

« Reply #5 on: 15 Aug 2003, 21:57:57 »
??? what's yer probby, mate?  :D as far as I know, there's a "CREW" unit in that pack, so why not just place an empty bird on the map and "MoveInDriver/Gunner" two delta_camo_crew units?!  :-*

Well. ...hmmm seems to me I had more problems with the pilot flying correctly or not executing certain commands when I originally tried using an empty heli with a movein crew.  :-\  :-\

But oh well.  I still can't believe I'm the ONLY one having problems with the mah60 addon and BAS hasn't responded to my email.  :-X   :(   :(   :-\

Iwesshome

« Reply #6 on: 15 Aug 2003, 22:10:46 »
When BAS released the MH60's they replaced the original SOAR pilots with new updated uniforms, weapons and animations. If you do not update your SOAR.pbo with the new one provided with the MH60 release you will not be able to use the MH60's.

I have not had any problems with the MH60's at the moment except trying to learn all the new codes that came with the addon  ;D

From BAS Site
New helicopter pilots in woodland and desert uniforms.

The original soar pilot has been updated with new textures but retains the MP5 for compatibility reasons. The newer units, using the M4 with Eotech Holo sight are currently only used in the Blackhawk addon, existing BAS helicopters (LB's, MH47, Kiowas) will still use the MP5 version.

If you are trying to find a quicker answer from BAS... try using their Ballistic Addon Studios Update Thread.
http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=14;action=display;threadid=7241
« Last Edit: 15 Aug 2003, 22:11:26 by Iwesshome »

Mr.BoDean

« Reply #7 on: 16 Aug 2003, 00:16:45 »
Thanks, IWes , didn't see that one.  ;)