Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Sides  (Read 672 times)

GrimMonkey

Sides
« on: 20 Aug 2003, 01:24:12 »
Is there a script where one side will not attack the other? Such as, West and East kill Resistance without killing each other?

GrimMonkey

Re:Sides
« Reply #1 on: 20 Aug 2003, 16:56:39 »
Come on, it's really important for a campaign I'm making. In fact, it's essential, can't do without it.

mikeb

« Reply #2 on: 20 Aug 2003, 18:59:49 »
setcaptive won't really work if you want east and west to combine but still fight the resistance....  so.....

hmmm....

could you not jsut change the sides round from the beginning so that you are in fact west and resistance, say, against the east.  If you then want to have soldier models that correspond to the scenario you described you could then open the mission.sqm and change the soldier models round.  There's a list of them in OFPEC somewhere...

make sense?

GrimMonkey

« Reply #3 on: 20 Aug 2003, 19:07:15 »
Ooooooooooooh, that won't do. The campaign is fighting strictly against the Resistance. Later on you ally with the East. But, I found out that if you put an East/West officer that commands the other side using the Grouping method, the 'enemies' in that squad will never be shot at, even if the allied leader dies they'll never shoot one another. :)

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #4 on: 20 Aug 2003, 21:34:00 »
the only way i know of doing this, is in the editor itself is to group east with west or west with east, but you'd have to have squads comprised of mixed west and east and not just 1 squad full of east, unless they had a west commander or vice versa

GrimMonkey

« Reply #5 on: 21 Aug 2003, 00:20:19 »
That's what I said; A West Officer w/ East group and an East Officer w/ a West group, even if the Officer dies the others will never be shot at by the side that controlled them :).

GrimMonkey

« Reply #6 on: 21 Aug 2003, 00:22:14 »
Well, I guess I could just use what KJAM and I had said. The East are going to be supporting West soldiers in tanks some of the time so I guess I could use the ol' moveincommander trick :P.