Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: All Enviorment Island, Jungle, Desert, Plains, Snowfields, Cliffs, ETC  (Read 888 times)

Offline SpecOp9

• Members
Personally I am a fan of the Jungle Island that was released a very long time ago.  I also loved Kegs Winter Nogojev.

But one thing bothers me alot.
Nobody has ever made a multi enviorment Island.  It would be great to have a HUGE Island filled with all types of geography, but sadly I have not seen it happen yet.

So hopefully this is a wake-up call to all of our great Island makers out there.  That this type of Island, (I think) will be very popular.
With all those Multiplayer maps in the pending list...
Somebody is gonna get a heart artak ;) lol!!!!!

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
hmmm.... interesting.... and the fact that there are places in the world that have all 4 major environments would make this not so silly - high mountains for snow - deserts - jungle - forest/open plains

could be an interesting idea - one that BIS kinda tried with Nogova it seems  :P
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Offline SpecOp9

• Members
yup :)

Not to mention Nogova had alot of water around it still.  So people could actually make the Island bigger than Nogova.

Also,
Not only would copious amounts of enviormental changes be usefull.
But maybey the type of area it is.

Like, Broken down deserted buildings, populated city area, villages, industrial areas ETC.

I think it would be a kick @$$ island.
With all those Multiplayer maps in the pending list...
Somebody is gonna get a heart artak ;) lol!!!!!

bigdog632

phaedons island had most of it....minus the snow

registered_fugitiv

I think Nagaul's Island "The Lost Isle" will have most of these enviroments, Im not sure about snow, but it will be an awesome Island anyway

m21man

It doesn't have to be all environment, you could have maybe one well-designed big city (Maybe bigger than Lipany ;)) surrounded by plains, a small chain of snowy mountains, and the rest of the island could be a mix of temperate and jungle forests. Something like a jungle castle would be an amazing resistance base ;D. There should also be a big military airfield, hopefully in an open desert, and a little dirt airstrip in the middle of the jungle.
« Last Edit: 06 Aug 2003, 04:47:39 by m21man »