Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Iraqi Armour  (Read 632 times)

sgt chunder

Iraqi Armour
« on: 14 Aug 2003, 01:50:57 »
First let me introduce my self, I am sgt chunder Im new here so dont kill me with sticks please.

Now to the point.

I have started making Iraqi armoured units ( also skining some of them up for use as east and res units ). Im making them in 3D-max and importing them into O2, as this is what I use for Collage and I need to be the dogs-balls by the end year. After many set backs things are progresing nicelly.

BUT in two weeks I will be back at collage and I dont think I will have the time to complete the post modeling work. Like getting the damn little bliters working correctly in the game. Continuing modeling them is no problem as thats what I do all day any way.

So if any one whants to use the stuff Im knocking up youre more than welcome.

Attached a picture of a Iraqi PT-76B thats neer completion

Im also working on-

EE-3
EE-11
EE-17 all by ENGESA

remodeled T-55 veriants-
up-armored T-55 with improved fire control
T-55 with 105mm NATO ( rifles captured during Iran-Iraq war )
and the Chinese versions ( I forget there names Type-66 or what ever)

So if you whant to use this stuff let me know.

Mr_Shady

Re:Iraqi Armour
« Reply #1 on: 14 Aug 2003, 01:57:39 »
*puts stick away*

Looking good. We need some East-side tanks to balance the sides up IMO.

sgt chunder

« Reply #2 on: 14 Aug 2003, 02:15:50 »
Well Im safe from the sticks for now.

I thought the old commies were lacking in some nice new shiny (or old and shiny) Tanks. The forces of capitalism are briming with space age death machines. Old Ivan dont have chance any more, steps out his door and twenty Blackhawks drop rangers on his head.

heres a little pic of a early version of the Chinese Type-63. Basicly a PT-76 with a 85mm gun ( is it the same one from the T34-85? ), bigger engine, but lighter armour. This was also used by Iraq.

sgt chunder

« Reply #3 on: 14 Aug 2003, 05:22:18 »
Here is a picture of the PT-76B for the East forces.

This is based on a picture of one in action in Chechnya.

It has an improvised armoured skirt, extra track link armour on the turret and front ( this is not finished in the picture ). As well as other detail such as a ring of sand bags round the turret hatch.

And by the way these tanks are also amphibious ( THE PT-76 was the basis for the BMP )
« Last Edit: 14 Aug 2003, 05:24:51 by sgt chunder »