Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Additions to the Nogovan Police Force  (Read 4944 times)

Quicksilver

Additions to the Nogovan Police Force
« on: 20 Aug 2002, 23:20:27 »
anyway i just thought i'd start this back up again. I did make two more models. a ZM LR300, and i editing the Standard Benelli and made a Remington 700 (not totally finished might change some things.)

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/littleman51788

-Quicksilver

Quicksilver

Re:Additions to the Nogovan Police Force
« Reply #1 on: 21 Aug 2002, 00:39:21 »
Oh and since were getting a website for this thing, we need a name for our mod, and the website. (ie www.our-name-here.insideofp.com)

-Quicksilver

Vyper

« Reply #2 on: 21 Aug 2002, 00:52:13 »
Glad to see this post back

www.nogovanpolicemod.insideofp.com?

Vyper

Quicksilver

« Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2002, 01:38:50 »
that should work, but were also thinking about making it so you can play both sides of the law. That should be fine, we just need opions from people.

-Quicksilver

Kaliyuga

« Reply #4 on: 21 Aug 2002, 08:21:02 »
Welcome back to the forums everyone...

Wondering how that boat idea was coming along actually.. a nice speedboat, or something of that nature would work nice for both of our uses I would imagine.  
 Regarding making a campaign where you can play both sides though, what I was envisioning is that we can each use the same addons, so people will be able to play both mods with as little different addons as possible. As well as share ideas with each other regarding missions, more to look at the mission from every possible angle in the planning and such.

what would be really fun is to collaborate on a multiplayer mission.  

but anyways.. now that things are up and running I'll see what I can find about texturing for that boat you were talking about earlier...

:cheers: :toocool:

vectordude

« Reply #5 on: 21 Aug 2002, 19:50:34 »
well.......jus come home from vacation and everything from the last post stuff is...........GONE

can anybody update me on what happened this last week for this.

and can anybody lead me to a good tutorial for 3-d modeling so i can help too

Soldier8Boy

« Reply #6 on: 21 Aug 2002, 23:45:30 »
It seems I do have limited net access over here in Alberta. So, you want Nogovanpoliceforce.insideofp.com and are you making own website or want one created?

If you have one created it will have a layout similiar to that of www.codeblue.insideofp.com

Have a look and get back to me.

vectordude

« Reply #7 on: 22 Aug 2002, 00:20:34 »
looks good enough to me.........jus need a buncha policemen instead of soldiers........

i wonder if its possible to make the swat team shields

Jimmy_james

« Reply #8 on: 22 Aug 2002, 00:23:48 »
they weigh 20Kg btw

i had an ace idea for this mod but because the forum went down i forgot it maybe it will come back to me later my suggestion on the last one was Bean Bag Guns.

Look at him dance!!!!  :D :D :D :D

Quicksilver

« Reply #9 on: 22 Aug 2002, 00:40:42 »
alright i see what you're saying Kailyuga, that'll work nicely as long as you help some. It should work good. I think its decided. www.nogovanpoliceforce.insideofp.com. :)

-Quicksilver

Soldier8Boy

« Reply #10 on: 22 Aug 2002, 01:39:13 »
Well, do you have a site made, or wish to use a site design similiar to http://codeblue.insideofp.com ?

Quicksilver

« Reply #11 on: 22 Aug 2002, 05:18:00 »
If i had a site made i'd give it to you but i dont so can we have one made like code blue? We can customize it when we get to that point anyway. Thanks a lot Soldier8Boy.

-Quicksilver

Soldier8Boy

« Reply #12 on: 22 Aug 2002, 05:40:52 »
I'll start the proccess then.

SEAL84

« Reply #13 on: 22 Aug 2002, 17:14:38 »
When you get that site up, I'll be looking...this is an awesome idea.

SWAT teams, shotguns, snipers, real bad guys....I love it.  ;D

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #14 on: 22 Aug 2002, 21:44:01 »
Donuts? :D

Quicksilver

« Reply #15 on: 23 Aug 2002, 00:23:08 »

[attachment deleted by admin]

vectordude

« Reply #16 on: 23 Aug 2002, 00:38:29 »
lol.............nice nut

maybe the campaign should be about an undercover cop......lol jus a wierd idea

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #17 on: 23 Aug 2002, 03:22:16 »
Yeah! :D

Soldier8Boy

« Reply #18 on: 23 Aug 2002, 03:46:27 »
The process has been started. I hope you don't mind nogovanpolice.insideofp.com

The site will be designed, forum and email access given to the admin. I need to know who will webmaster, and Co-Webmaster the site. Whether you want a Coranto newsposter setup for you. The Webmasters will need to sign an agreement when working at the InsideOFP networks and I will get that done when the site is ready.

Expect a little longer than usual as the network guys that look after it are a little over-loaded atm. They're moving to a new city, so there will be a delay. My apolagies, but I promise that it will be well worth the wait.

To top that off, I just wanted to add that I'm looking for a domain name for the WW2 Engineering Corps so that they can start up their own WW2 OFP Network. Just to let the WW2 Modders out there know, as if all works out we'll be offering hosting.

Quicksilver

« Reply #19 on: 23 Aug 2002, 04:04:43 »
ok, i'll take the reigns until we can find someone to be the webmaster. (i don't know that much about being a webmaster so bear with me.) So if anyone is interested and has some experience with being a webmaster IM me. If i find its not too hard i'll settle for co-webmaster.Oh and whats a Coranto newsposter setup.

-Quicksilver

Soldier8Boy

« Reply #20 on: 24 Aug 2002, 01:19:09 »
I saw some FBI from Counterstrike converted to OFP and they looked extremely good. Maybe someone could edit those a bit, they also have to be modified so that they can use handguns.

Soldier8Boy

« Reply #21 on: 24 Aug 2002, 01:19:23 »
I saw some FBI from Counterstrike converted to OFP and they looked extremely good. Maybe someone could edit those a bit, they also have to be modified so that they can use handguns.

Quicksilver

« Reply #22 on: 24 Aug 2002, 01:49:59 »
yea you could convert a lot from cs, but they're usually high poly models.

-Quicksilver

Offline Jackal326

• Former Staff
  • SJB Addons
    • SJB Addons
« Reply #23 on: 24 Aug 2002, 01:51:17 »
The handgun modification is just adding a simple proxy to each LOD. With CaptMoores permission that won't be to hard to execute. If no-one else wants to do that I will.
I have also made some more (yes more) police officers including a marksman (with a cap on back-to-front ;D) and some new Silenced M4 Rifles to go with them.
Let me know if you want me to tweak the FBI units and I will try to track down CaptMoore's email to get his permission as he is the guy who imported them in the first place.

J326

:afro:

P.S. Ask here if you want to see some pictures of my new Tactical Response Units and/or the new M4s. I also want my :satan: smily back ;)
« Last Edit: 24 Aug 2002, 01:54:12 by Jackal326 »
"...if someone did that to me, I'd smash their head in, I'd stab them, shoot 'em and push 'em off a roof!" - Dutch Wagenbach

Quicksilver

« Reply #24 on: 24 Aug 2002, 01:54:33 »
Sweet, One question bout my guns, how would i got about making lod's for them (like my LR300, which i can send to someone in .dxf format if they want to texture it (or send me back a mesh like one from texporter or someother prgram cause i think i can do an awesome job on texturing it and i really want to  ;D), and/or make the lods for me, i have no clue how to make them).

-Quicksilver
« Last Edit: 24 Aug 2002, 01:58:10 by Quicksilver »

Quicksilver

« Reply #25 on: 25 Aug 2002, 02:56:13 »
bump.

Quicksilver

« Reply #26 on: 26 Aug 2002, 03:21:38 »
Some people over at the official forums thinking and making police add-ons. So we might see some come over.

-Quicksilver

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
« Reply #27 on: 30 Aug 2002, 21:28:27 »
Hey guys, I'm back. Nice to see things still up.
 I was a bit lost without having the forums in my favorites :-[but now I finded them ;D
 However, I would like to see a list of sugestions for the police forces, I'm about the uniforms. I'm working in a police batch(well, thinking)to put in vehicles, uniforms, etc. At the moment I don't really know what kind of desighn to make to the uniforms but it could be really good if BIS give Oxi to the public cos some of my ideas would need it.
 I'm just starting to experimenting with texture so I'm not even close to make a addon jet, but any ideas or sugestions about it would be apreciated.
Later all.
@CERO
SCREWBY!!!

Kaliyuga

« Reply #28 on: 30 Aug 2002, 23:52:13 »
Some sort of riot gear would be nice to see @cero... and how about some new sunglasses... you know the ones.. the mirrored ones cops always wear.. LOL  ;D  

And you could make a box of those low poly donuts.. then the cartel could booby trap em ..   :o   LOL

as far as units go..a utility belt, boots... maybe someone should make a soldier with a motorcycle helmet in O2 for that police bike... as long as it was AI you could swap with an identical model minus the helmet at anytime out of player's view.....

be interesting to have some sort of "stop stick" thingy in this bag of police stuff... don't know if you guys have thought too much about that ..
like those sawhorses for roadblocks and such... maybe a chalk outline addon...  ;D  if you're planning on doing investigative stuff.. like detective work you'll need like a hearse or some sort of better ambulance or coroner's (spelling?) vehicle.....

Meter Maids.. LOL... *sorry that just popped into my head*

Of course you know I just want you to make all of those things so I can go and blow em up  ;D  
But then you can have fun blowin up all of our mod's stuff...  :o   so we're even ... or something..

Oh.. Quicksilver.. what's the status on that boat you were talking about before? I really really want to see a good police/smuggling boat added into this mix ;D  we could use the same model perhaps?  

The police have one that is textured differently.. but is seized merchandise? would give you a realistic way to have a kick a$$ :booty: boat at your disposal... I can see it now.. a speedboat.. one version two tone with the police lights on the top somewhere.... and the other with our logo on it..
I'm serious about looking into texturing a boat.. or working with you on the modeling of it .. let me know..
:toocool: