Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Watch for falling rocks!  (Read 616 times)

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
Watch for falling rocks!
« on: 29 Jul 2003, 07:58:52 »
Here is an idea I had for a small, different style of addon. Imagine if, when a tank shell hit a building, assorted rubble flew out from the building, crushing/killing/destroying everything that it lands on. Would it be possible to make a "grenade" that looks like a piece of rubble, but doesn't have an explosion? Basically, it would need a small "blast radius", but it wouldn't look right to have the normal grenade explosion picture and sound. Would this be possible? I could do the scripting to make this a usefull addon, if anyone was interested.

Barron out.  :P
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

Mr_Shady

Re:Watch for falling rocks!
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jul 2003, 16:34:28 »
Yeah, it'd be nice for flying debris to force you to take cover. The amount of times I've had a grenade go off near me but not catch me, then have lumps of rock and earth the size of rugby balls landing all around me and clipping straight through me... plus, it'd make urban warfare a bit more interesting, having to evacuate your building before that tank brings it down on top of you  :D

Perhaps in OFP2...

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #2 on: 29 Jul 2003, 16:54:29 »
well there are gimbals tossers who throw rocks etc at you that causes damage if it hits you... same principle really
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Mr_Shady

« Reply #3 on: 29 Jul 2003, 17:13:54 »
True. I think the problem lies with making the rocks appear once something blows up. Maybe it could be done via scripting, but I'm no scripter, so I don't know.

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #4 on: 29 Jul 2003, 17:18:04 »
well when a shell hits the ground, those little rocks fly everywhere... it would have to be midifying the explosion so that the rocks that fly arent the harmless kind, but the weapon kinda that gimbals tossers use... i think it might be possible
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion